Few corvids today

8 hours ago, Jackdaw said:

Good luck mate,let us know how it goes.

Been over this afternoon to set the hide up save messing about in the morning , probably close on five hundred lifted out of the tree line ,farmer recons they are coming in from 4.30am ..I’ve got some lime trees at my place so I’ll clip some bushy branches of before I leave just to cable tie against the hide so it looks fresh and in keeping with the surrounding..

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all the Hype over the Royal wedding,could think of nothing better than getting out with the .410 Husher today and escaping it all for a while lol.

Just in from a good mornings sport with the Husher! picked 64,guess I shot another dozen on top of that ,they fell into long grass so I left them for Charlie. Running low on 3" carts so was

Had a little go today J ,shot 39 , picked up 35 and a couple of pigeons ..once I had a couple for the ff5’s they pulled them in really well ..The other lad I had out hit 52 ..so wasn’t a bad exercise

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sussex said:

Been over this afternoon to set the hide up save messing about in the morning , probably close on five hundred lifted out of the tree line ,farmer recons they are coming in from 4.30am ..I’ve got some lime trees at my place so I’ll clip some bushy branches of before I leave just to cable tie against the hide so it looks fresh and in keeping with the surrounding..

Good luck sounds promising,was going myself tomorrow but the drink is going down well tonight, so I reckon a rain check tomorrow lol.

Up and out by 4.30 am and set up by 5 ..few early birds with the silenced 410 until 8oclock because I wasn’t to far from a couple of neighbours..all went well until the farm next door started cutting silage .. ? .you could see them dropping in on it ..managed a few more and picked up 31 with another dozen or so dropping behind me into the wood , never had the dog with me because there is a lot of electric fencing about ( game farm ) so they never got picked .

F5E5527F-395A-4850-B699-5A90F07A3551.thumb.jpeg.3e66c538dfffbef7f39dc75106fc3b10.jpeg86818F54-0792-4789-A8C2-CFA7A9CE477D.thumb.jpeg.3fc964e1d71cda59b4aa607a61ec1631.jpeg 

Never went exactly to plan but a tidy mornings sport ...Be out again in the week with a couple of mates .

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Jackdaw said:

Still a nice bag mate,that's the thrill of decoying,you can never predict how its going to go.

I struggled with my pals 410 , mossberg pump with moderator , it was like shooting with a scaffold pole ?, and as for getting a second shot off anywhere near target forget it , that’s if you remembered to pump the bloody thing ...luckily I’m over a different place in the week miles from anywhere so can get at them with the miroku from the off ..

• Like 1

Yep the ,410 Hushpower is a trade off for shooting in close proximity to houses and early starts,I often wonder if the bag size would be bigger with the extra range,knock down power of the 12g and second barrel.

I just love the .410, hardly taken any of the other guns out since I bought the Husher lol

5 minutes ago, Jackdaw said:

Yep the ,410 Hushpower is a trade off for shooting in close proximity to houses and early starts,I often wonder if the bag size would be bigger with the extra range,knock down power of the 12g and second barrel.

I just love the .410, hardly taken any of the other guns out since I bought the Husher lol

Mine would have been for sure today , quite a few birds crossing at forty yds up I didn’t bother shooting at , they would have been no problem with the pigeon extreme 5’s ..I’ve only used the 410 a couple of times and really struggled with it so limited myself to the true kamikaze birds that dropped right in ..nice day all the same ...

Try pushing the range out a bit,I find with the tight choking on the Husher it's more effective a little further out when the shotstring has had a chance to open up 20-30 yards.

Trust me on this,give it a go,the cartridge is more than capable at this range.I've been using Fiocchi 18g 71/2s and they kill well.

Edited by Jackdaw
On 02/06/2018 at 20:07, Jackdaw said:

Try pushing the range out a bit,I find with the tight choking on the Husher it's more effective a little further out when the shotstring has had a chance to open up 20-30 yards.

Trust me on this,give it a go,the cartridge is more than capable at this range.I've been using Fiocchi 18g 71/2s and they kill well.

The cartridge may be capable, but his eyesight ain't what it used to be ?

On 03/06/2018 at 22:14, Rabid said:

The cartridge may be capable, but his eyesight ain't what it used to be ?

I’ll have you know I was at Dover the other day and I could see France 22fcuking miles away ,got  eyes like a shite house rat me ..

• Like 1
13 hours ago, sussex said:

I’ll have you know I was at Dover the other day and I could see France 22fcuking miles away ,got  eyes like a shite house rat me ..

That sign said dartford and you was looking cross the river me ole mucka ?

4 hours ago, Rabid said:

That sign said dartford and you was looking cross the river me ole mucka ?

Your wrong ...the man in the white coat told me the bridge I could see definitely went to France ,   

Had a little bang today , they came in well to start but petered of  late morning ..nice outing though .

0C3B8883-9B8D-4C70-AB45-7593813C4F35.thumb.jpeg.90f0bc8806e327942225fb925168fb64.jpeg

picked up 31 with another four deciding to fly on and die in the headland a field away ..didn’t want the dog hunting up the headland because of the gamebirds nesting ..

Nice mate,I'm out in the morning so fingers crossed I bag a few.I've noticed this time of Year at certain times its like turning a tap off,with little to no movement,normally mid morning and mid afternoon,maybe they take time out to digest food?