I've got a horrible feeling....

That at least one of my jills is pregnant. I had my new hob done earlier in the year but one jill seems to be getting fatter by the day, and I've just heard her scratching about in the nest box as if shes making a nest.

The other jill doesnt seem to be any fatter so maybe it's just a phantom pregnancy, but I've just held her up and she really does look up the duff.

Anyone else had a vasecomy not work? And if so did the vets redo it free of charge or did you have to pay again?

Sometimes they can have a phantom, I bought a Jill this year that was said to be in kit, she looked the part but she never had any. My Hob was done twice first one failed and I ended up with 4 Jills in kit. all good now second time round

I've had a vasectomy fail andnthe job whent over 9 Jill's and they were all in kit lol .... if that is the case they absolutely should do it again for free ... as was said above it could be a fantom. 3 of my Jill's are looking and acting pregnant but they 100% are not ......

1 hour ago, socks said:

I've had a vasectomy fail andnthe job whent over 9 Jill's and they were all in kit lol .... if that is the case they absolutely should do it again for free ... as was said above it could be a fantom. 3 of my Jill's are looking and acting pregnant but they 100% are not ......

Are you not breeding any socks.?

i had my hob done and it failed... ended up with 24  kits 

got back to the vet and they refused to re do the snip, they said that it can regrow sometimes.

as the bit of tube they cut is the thickness of a pound coin.

tried to get a refund etc but they were absolute arseholes about it.

had to get one of his sons snipped this year as my new vet did not want to open up scar tissue on him

I had a vasectomy fail  they did it for free again but its a harder operation due to the scar tissue when i moaned about feeding a litter of kits for 8 weeks they offered me a free postcard in the window , "Which we normally charge a £1 a week for " i said you having a laugh and left 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Are you not breeding any socks.?

I will be breeding two Jill's when they come back in season ...  I had three big jobs on and needed all my ferrets so had to bring them out of season ...... 

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Should do, a Jill comes back in again after a litter if it’s early enough I’m year mate an same as jab ye get to bring em out, if it’s done early on it will wear off an they come back in 

Never knew that.i thought once there out thats it for a year.

13 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Never knew that.i thought once there out thats it for a year.

With the longer summers they can come in 4/5 times thats why i reckon a snipped hobs the way to go rather than repeated jabs of hormone 

• Like 2

I brought a snipped hob about 6 weeks ago, put him in with 3 jills on their first season and they all look rather fat and nesting. Hopefully its just phantoms, as the 3 jills I got with the hob all look fine. Ive got 8 jills, if the hob becomes fertile again, im in a lot of trouble!!!

Am in the same boat as you. My little Jill isnt but she had a massive tumour removed last week on her ovaries (we actually thought it was stomach cancer like her mum) my other looks like a little lightbulb, same behaviours hobs curled round the box she now wont let him in.

The others vet is 99% sure she is 

We got him from a ferret rescue, didnt want kits, was vasectomised feb as their 6 now looks like we are having them 

Didnt have a problem with my last hob