FAC Inbound, time to shop

I first used an Anschutz in about 1970, it was another world altogether from the Martini we had used so much up to then, BUT it was no more accurate, just the same everyone gravitated towards the Anschutz at the club rather than the Martini.

Target wise it's true to say it is difficult to spend to much, as we are talking tiny improvements which can make the difference of 1st or 50th place in competition, but field work is different.

Anschutz moved to field tools from their historical background of target.  They have a seriously good pedigree in my opinion, but an Anschutz isn't going to deliver anything more in the field than a CZ.

Buy an Anschutz, Sako, whatever you want, it may have a higher quality wood, it may have better engineering and it may look better (aesthetics are down to the individual), but it will give you nothing more worth talking about in the field, and empty your pockets a lot more!

But I think we have done this already.

:thumbs:

• Like 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks guys, the FAC and SGC was on my doormat when I got home, was granted everything I wanted ?

So, unfortunately my FAC/SGC was not on the doormat when I got back ffs, so the wait continues, however, today I ordered a rifle which I can obviously only pick up once the paperwork has arrived.

Man cannot beat the elements only do his best to work around what happens on the day,as Nathan says getting closer the old man v beast is all part of the challenge .And as Philpot says we will never b

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Meece said:

Skiathos. Very nice.. Have you walked out and stood at the end of the runway? I think Wednesday is the busy day. As to gun choice it don't make any difference. I dont think that there is any make that is rubbish. I have an Anschutz target rifle that I bought in 1980 and it is still like new. A BSA target rifle from probably the 50s that still puts them through the middle and for my sporting 22 I have a highly modified but ratty BSA from the 50s that is still very, very accurate. Paid a tenner for it. Sako and Anschutz are top grade. How deep is your pocket. Just go and see what feels good. I'd ask if I could try before I bought.

Ps. If you walk out to the end of the runway there is a windmill cafe/bar at the waters edge. The chairs are right on the edge !! 

https://goo.gl/images/NXw1Ju

Unfortunately not, we've got two small kids with us so fairly limited where we can go with times etc, however, we did go to a place right by that in the port, the planes went right by us, was pretty cool (pic attached).

I'm leaning towards the sako anyway, always loved the look of laminate stocks and it's at the shop, so if my FAC is home then I can just pop to the shop and pick it up. Should be zeroing Saturday ?

IMG_20180529_195251.jpg

The plane's come really low oatver the road at the end of the runway. There is a high security fence there. 2 strands of barbed wire. the windmill that I wrote about is the small white building along the road just along the road. There is a small single red trafic light on the road to stop the trafic when planes take off but a lot dont take any notice of it. A moped rider was nearly blown off the road.

• Like 2

So, unfortunately my FAC/SGC was not on the doormat when I got back ffs, so the wait continues, however, today I ordered a rifle which I can obviously only pick up once the paperwork has arrived.

After much deliberation and research I have ordered a brand new Anschutz 1417 Thumbhole, not exactly cheap, but from the reviews is pretty much second none. Now all I have is the painful wait until my FAC arrives ?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, andykllhr said:

After much deliberation and research I have ordered a brand new Anschutz 1417 Thumbhole, not exactly cheap, but from the reviews is pretty much second none. Now all I have is the painful wait until my FAC arrives ?

Excellent choice, you won’t be disappointed ?. To me, mine was worth every penny?

9 minutes ago, andykllhr said:

Picking up my Annie today, any recommendations on mods lads? Want long and slender as opposed to short and fat, effective as possible obviously.

Thanks ?

RimfireMods007c.jpg.e28582c80cd0bfe664d84b289db16352.jpg

Longest is Sako, then Sirocco and the short is SAK.   They are all good!    My opinion of sound reduction performance is Sako first, SAK wins for me overall just the same, but you said long and thin, the SAKO then.

Edited by Deker
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Deker said:

RimfireMods007c.jpg.e28582c80cd0bfe664d84b289db16352.jpg

Longest is Sako, then Sirocco and the short is SAK.   They are all good!    My opinion of sound reduction performance is Sako first, SAK wins for me overall just the same, but you said long and thin, the SAKO then.

Thanks for that, what does the SAK look like on a rifle? Doesn't look that much wider than the Sako?