Running dog next to bike

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do a lot of Bikejoring with mine as well as trail Mtb’ing with the Dogs free running.  

I’m a great believer in road work, I run with mine getting them off road for part of the time so they can get a bit of pace change and interest. The road part is good for building basic cardio vascula

I got some funny looks.

Posted Images

On 17/05/2018 at 11:33, MikeyMJL said:

I much prefer getting a dog fit through sprinting, sprinting and more sprinting. Can’t see the point of a lurcher trotting with a bike, built for sprinting!

The reason many a mutt pulls up with strains,tears and toe damage is because the owners expect them to sprint before they have been conditioned to do so.the average lurcher is owned by a lazy barsteward that cannot be arsed to condition a mutt to cope with a day in the field and they have no concept of conditioning.

• Like 2

Probably a combination of road walking sprinting and anything else you can think of is the way forward but it only prepares them and not proper fit till they done a fair bit of work 

But we all no that so just do the best you can eh

What a total dickhead. It has been proved that dogs can shut down, become very depressed if they are incited to chase lazer beams around like that. Imagine what it does to a dog to keep chasing something it can never catch, that doesn't really exist! People these days have no more idea of what they do to their animals than they did hundreds of years ago. Humanity is totally fecked.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, skycat said:

What a total dickhead. It has been proved that dogs can shut down, become very depressed if they are incited to chase lazer beams around like that. Imagine what it does to a dog to keep chasing something it can never catch, that doesn't really exist! People these days have no more idea of what they do to their animals than they did hundreds of years ago. Humanity is totally fecked.

Bit harsh like do it with my mates cat all the time of they chase it they must enjoy it

3 hours ago, skycat said:

Bit like hares

• Haha 1
On 03/06/2018 at 22:20, morton said:

The reason many a mutt pulls up with strains,tears and toe damage is because the owners expect them to sprint before they have been conditioned to do so.the average lurcher is owned by a lazy barsteward that cannot be arsed to condition a mutt to cope with a day in the field and they have no concept of conditioning.

Well each to their own like. I would much rather cover miles and miles on foot with my dog, off lead as much as possible. Galloping free in woods, open ground, hill sprints and games of fetch on a football pitch that go on for 50-60 throws. My dog would play fetch until his heart stopped and I use that to our advantage. I’ve never watched my dog on a chase and thought I bet a trot next to the bike would help him. I lamp on foot, not a bike so the miles on foot are for me too.

10 hours ago, skycat said:

Quite true Penny love, I can attest to that ;)

I once force fed a cat shit loads of acid and really blew it's mind away with the laser pen ?

Edited to add;

The cat was never ever the same again ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Haha 2
On 03/06/2018 at 21:19, ginger beard said:

I got some funny looks.

20180603_211439.jpg

20180603_211423.jpg

Can you really blame people for giving you funny looks.when they see that wild looking head of yours.

8 minutes ago, king said:

Can you really blame people for giving you funny looks.when they see that wild looking head of yours.

You complete fanny! That's a bloody electric bike ????

Careful boys and girls we have a vegan amongst us ?

Edited by mushroom