thanks for input lads I know the tikka is a a decent thing but my local  gushop as a decent 

deal going on with the howa. all I know is there German so should be build right. thanks again for input .

atb

alan

why not the stainless barrel lads is it just a weight issue .I know when hunting you aint putting the rounds 

through them the same.  but I thought the stainless would have a longer life span. i have the stainless in the rugger 22/250'

and cant fault it .

I've got a howa in 223 an very happy with it, I've also got a 243 on my ticket an  can't see any reason not to get the same gun in 243, also the 243 is cheaper than the 223, or spend double the money on something that looks good but dose the same job

IMG_3535.JPG

• Like 1
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:38, Underdog said:

Howa are Japanese mate.

Tikka are finish I think, or Swedish.

Howa are Japanese mate.   Yep, nothing wrong with Howa really, can be a hint agricultural but they tend to work quite well!

Tikka are finish I think, or Swedish.  Finnish, owned by Sako, who in turn have Italian roots as Beretta have a controlling interest in Sako!

:thumbs:

15 minutes ago, nick703 said:

I've got a howa in 223 an very happy with it, I've also got a 243 on my ticket an  can't see any reason not to get the same gun in 243, also the 243 is cheaper than the 223, or spend double the money on something that looks good but dose the same job

I believe that like for like they are the same price, so, if your dealer has the .243 cheaper it is some sort of offer or he has made a mistake, whatever, if that is the case then I'd grab it quick! :thumbs:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Deker said:

I believe that like for like they are the same price, so, if your dealer has the .243 cheaper it is some sort of offer or he has made a mistake, whatever, if that is the case then I'd grab it quick! :thumbs:

He's got the 243 at 499 an 223 at 529, looks like I'm goin shopping soon.