Stock breaking a lurcher pup

I took mine close to stock on a lead and every time he pulled that way he'd get a good tug on the lead with a solid no he's chased a sheep once and I gave him some shit and nothing since. Put some time and effort in and normally it pays off 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hessy1 said:

Does anyone use the training collars for stock breaking a pup in if so any particular type of collar on the market worth buying?

You couldn’t make this up. As with training any pup it’s repetition, little and often, imo I’d look for a different pass time 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, terryd said:

every one has to start some where. There is more to the collars than meets the eye as well you don't have to light the dog up lol

Your right the trouble with them is once you resort to using 1 you can never trust the dog 100 percent without it and I should know (little black b*****d)

I was close to using one with my sproker but what seemed like over night it clicked that he's not to chase sheep or horses!! Although that's a site to be seen a little sproker chasing 10+ horses!! But I've also seen him being chased by horses!! Surprising how fast he moves when he's the one who's in trouble!!! But like I said what seemed like over night he just stopped. He also started to run up to a beef herd untill one cow moved and looked at him he then stopped very quickly and got back to me asap!! 

2 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

I was close to using one with my sproker but what seemed like over night it clicked that he's not to chase sheep or horses!! Although that's a site to be seen a little sproker chasing 10+ horses!! But I've also seen him being chased by horses!! Surprising how fast he moves when he's the one who's in trouble!!! But like I said what seemed like over night he just stopped. He also started to run up to a beef herd untill one cow moved and looked at him he then stopped very quickly and got back to me asap!! 

Not to sound anyway about it is that the 1 your rehoming

Yeah thats the one but it was in the year all that happened. May have found him a pet home now just got to meet the people a couple more times and get out with them and the dog see how they get on with him 

• Like 1

Lol funny sods are all different. Mine is unpredictable and sly and too smart for his own good. I often think if he was thick as shite life would be easier but his a thinker and far smarter than his owner lol oh and faster. I have decided people who claim 100% percent success just haven't come across the right dip stick. There is a lot of dogs in this country and if you went through 20 you haven't even scratched the surface. That is what I tell my self any way makes me feel better lol

• Haha 1