Hill hunting lurchers

1 hour ago, Wales1234 said:

Iv thought about it and if I needed to iv got a dog lined up for her , but iv only got room for two lurchers now and the gwpx pup is here and showing goods signs so probably won’t ever happen 

If it ends up doing all you wish then you make room to keep a pup back..... Never know what's around the corner ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my type of work wouldn't be without one with hound blood in i think hound blood or collie blood is a must good feet good stamina good jacket but most important of all you need independence and they ne

At the back end of last season I managed to get out on the hills in various locations. I mainly lamp,  bush and try to fit in the odd bit of ferreting. I enjoy all types of work but have really taken

Great place to work dogs 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

If it ends up doing all you wish then you make room to keep a pup back..... Never know what's around the corner ?

I wish i could mate it’s life at the moment for 2 lurcher and tbh more than 2 now with blokes I go out with be a right pain in the arse , iv been very lucky having my uncles place didn’t have to worry but now it’s keep what I can and what can be worked if I ended up with just a pup and no old dogs for a season that’s what it would have to be 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wales1234 said:

I wish i could mate it’s life at the moment for 2 lurcher and tbh more than 2 now with blokes I go out with be a right pain in the arse , iv been very lucky having my uncles place didn’t have to worry but now it’s keep what I can and what can be worked if I ended up with just a pup and no old dogs for a season that’s what it would have to be 

Well I hope it don't come to that mate, atb with the pointer x she looks a lump?

On 16/05/2018 at 16:28, Daniel cain said:

The old boy I gave my hound x too has had them bred that way, his nephew straight to hand member on here got one?

Seen a couple of pics of that dog on here.  Certainly looks alot faster than you'd imagine a hound cross to be.  Looks a nice dog.  If I'm right, I seem to remember him saying the dog is also biddable, another trait I personally wouldn't have thought a hound cross to be

• Like 1