Hill hunting lurchers

Yea like dabhand said hound blood and collie blood is a given all best ones Iv seen have that blood , a lot to do with it is how their brung on 

a dog that’s constantly being called back as a pup isn’t gone really range as they get older 

• Like 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my type of work wouldn't be without one with hound blood in i think hound blood or collie blood is a must good feet good stamina good jacket but most important of all you need independence and they ne

At the back end of last season I managed to get out on the hills in various locations. I mainly lamp,  bush and try to fit in the odd bit of ferreting. I enjoy all types of work but have really taken

Great place to work dogs 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Yea like dabhand said hound blood and collie blood is a given all best ones Iv seen have that blood , a lot to do with it is how their brung on 

a dog that’s constantly being called back as a pup isn’t gone really range as they get older 

Yeah think they need to be out with similar dogs from the start. Are you coming down to the fishing comp this year? 

1 minute ago, white van man said:

Yeah think they need to be out with similar dogs from the start. Are you coming down to the fishing comp this year? 

Iv got a wedding abroad and leaving that weekend I’m gone try and pop down for one of the days mate hopefully 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, colliejohn said:

They are pal that's why I breed my own Andrew Edwards has some fantastic hill dog's might be worth contacting him he's the lad who does the DVD's foxing on the fells.Regards Collie John

Drop Wales 123 a pm, he gets out with Andrew I believe ?

11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

20170429_131402.thumb.jpg.f6e43898fe9287e79e7647527a033cbd.jpg

Young bitch bred from my beddy/bull bitch to a Welsh hound x. She's strong 1921458145_2016-02-0221_03_45.jpg.00630eb5d59e9daefd7932e23a5c2441.jpgas an ox. Sire red dog dam brindle. IMG_20180211_121947_176.jpg.abe1c687633c8ecc295f739bf63ccf63.jpg

Dog pup from litter belongs to a lad on here?good nose, feet likes to get stuck in?IMG_20180125_192505_041.thumb.jpg.e1925d11c7daf678869a0a654cfcb83d.jpg

Bitch at 12 months old, run all day long

Cracking looking dogs Daniel.

Edited by nothernlite
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Has anyone ever used a trail hound blood instead of say a hunting scent hound.

never heard of that done f.o.d.r

i cant see what that would bring to the table that a fell or welsh hound wouldn't other than being a touch faster trail hounds don't have to search or drag a line they are just laid on and off to go 

Edited by Dabhand
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Has anyone ever used a trail hound blood instead of say a hunting scent hound.

The old boy I gave my hound x too has had them bred that way, his nephew straight to hand member on here got one?

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Dabhand said:

never heard of that done f.o.d.r

i cant see what that would bring to the table that a fell or welsh hound wouldn't other than being a touch faster trail hounds don't have to search or drag a line they are just laid on and off to go 

I was just asking as curious, I like the look of the trail hounds ,obviously a hunting dog should provide better instincts .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dabhand said:

what do they cast like on open hill Daniel 

and how was the hound x bred thanks 

Saluki /coll/grey x wheaton bull grey dog put over a full Welsh hound bitch. I lost all the pups bar 2,on the operating table, the bitch pup is on a farm otherside of sneggy mountain where we keep the horses T?lad called Daniel member on here has the dog pup from litter, he down Essex way so don't hunt the hills,more than happy with him, they be 2 yr old this November time. The sire to the pup's big Tom I gave to a member on here who breeds hound xs because he didn't cast far and wide enough for me like I hoped, he's mostly used for lamping I believe, had hell of a nose on him to be fair, very biddable dog, run all day his tongue never hang out lol, and seem to glide over ground you wouldn't run a lurcher on?if I get a pup from a litter in Scotland (and it's what I'm after) then I'd like to see what they be like put over the bitch I bred?

4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I was just asking as curious, I like the look of the trail hounds ,obviously a hunting dog should provide better instincts .

Touch of trail/fell hound and your lamping lurchers last all night?

• Like 1