Hi everyone looking for some advice bought a new pup this weekend  8 weeks old, not my usual x she beddy grey deer grey x whippet greyhound lovely looking pup but seems very lathargic and not intrested in much, probably down to leaving a big litter of pups but just wondering if someone on here has similar cross and had much expierance with them. pups I’ve had in past want to be with you playing enthusiastic but she seems a bit quiet to me also she winges constantly to come in house when outside and not to mention when she’s in kennel any tips or advice much welcome thanks, Tom 

19C24D78-BD10-4FD8-91E7-1A640F44C6F7.png

• Thanks 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Putting a tiny pup alone in a kennel in a strange place is asking for problems. She needs to be with you, not shut away on her own. 90% of the sort of problems you're having would not happen if the pu

You have hit the nail on the head there fellah ... My dogs are just like me,...wee fat feckers, that love their grub and live for the hunt,....certainly wary of strangers, and yes, most definitel

?  Not so sure about that doctrine with a mouching dog,... I like my dogs around me, I enjoy lavishing attention on them... For me, its part and parcel of having a canine pal...  Of course,

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Lurcherman332 said:

Yeah think your right Peterhunter 

2 minutes ago, skycat said:

Putting a tiny pup alone in a kennel in a strange place is asking for problems. She needs to be with you, not shut away on her own. 90% of the sort of problems you're having would not happen if the pup was able to cuddle up to someone. Dogs are social creatures, so being isolated is so terrifying: she has lost the security of her litter mates. You are a giant in a strange land. Some pups are more needy and worried than others, but to think that kennelling a pup alone will 'toughen it up' is an outmoded and cruel way of doing things.  Keeping a puppy with you, letting it fall asleep on your lap: this won't spoil a pup, but give it the sense of security it needs, and little by little she will begin to overcome her fears and, more importantly, you'll be building a bond of trust that will make all your future training that much easier.

Was just about to post something similar, but a tad shorter. Some pups settle alot quicker than others, especially when raised indoors, my preferrerd way of doing things. Nice pup ☺?

• Like 3

My pup is coming up to 1 now he sleeps on my bedroom floor most the time and alot of the time sneaks onto the bed this dosnt bother me at all he isn't a big fairy he will still be my rabbiting dog but at the same time he is a much loved pet aswell. He loves a cuddle can get a bit much at times and has broken my nose jumping up but I've a good bond with this dog much more then my 2 that I had in a kennel. There now in my kitchen!!! The wife my her decision and now there in! 

• Like 3

I believe pups should stay indoors until old anufe to be kenneled, my twelve week old pup lives inside and I let her walk in and out kennel when I'm in garden, none of my dogs are kenneled full time anyway but they are handy when ones on heat etc, atb

• Like 1

The truth of it is most behavioural issues are created by us , 

every pup is an open book to manipulate as we want , too much attention is every bit as bad as too little 

it’s been proven that an hour a day just in its company is plenty on its own 

a pup over stimulated in the home becomes a needy whinny nipping problem as it grows which we then have to confront causing a mayor problem trust wise , 

the bottom line is, every pup is born Social , you don’t need to spent hours kissing and cuddling the pup  because you will  be making a cross for your own back 

every anti christ of a dog I come across was hyper stimulated in the home at an early age , 

you don’t need to confront it for anti social behavior if it doesn’t see the house as a play area in the first  place 

it’s a working animal , the home and garden rest , the field and walks play , it needs to be able to contrast that 

don’t let anyone fool you Trust  is build over time by not having to discipline or confront not by whispering in its ear or patting its head 

when we constantly confront we create issues which may not arise until we ask it to retrieve the real thing in the field , that’s  the tell 

• Like 4

?  Not so sure about that doctrine with a mouching dog,... I like my dogs around me, I enjoy lavishing attention on them...

For me, its part and parcel of having a canine pal...:yes:

Of course, when out on the hunt,..shit can happen,..and then,..its time to harden your heart...

This bond can help us both assess the situation,...it can definitely save the day (and the night),...so I strive to become good pals with a dog.

If I wanted a jukel kept in the manner of a racing dog, I would keep a racer,..but I don't...so its plenty of fuss, hugs, and strokes from me...:clapper:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

You have hit the nail on the head there fellah ...:clapper:

My dogs are just like me,...wee fat feckers, that love their grub and live for the hunt,....certainly wary of strangers, and yes, most definitely needy, especially when it comes to carefully choosing our hunting companions...:yes:

529691549_Copyofvideo1002-1.jpeg.4dc1d5ee143ca4770c5f3de2e9bebea4.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 6