• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've straw in them never tryed the wood chips

Got my bitches in the 30 litre one's.... Enough room to turn around and stops them standing up and pissing in their beds, £6 off ebay....50 litres if you got large terriers or 100 litres for a running

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, baker boy said:

For the terriers Ive got the 45 gallon drums cut down with a ply sheet on top so they can go inside or lay on the ply much like DC has but the barrels are upright

Can you put a pic up? 

i’ve never kept a dog outside before i’m looking for ideas 

Only ever kept 2 dogs in the house from pups,nightmare if I stay away anywhere as they won't go in a kennel or run?everything else has always been kennelled outside at night, they have free run of the garden and kitchen if someone is there with them. I've just used a 100 litre barrel for a litter of terriers... Made a little timber ramp so they could get in and out to empty themselves, fix the barrel to 2 x 2 timber runners on 3 sides and a piece of ply on top, older dogs sit up on top and catch some rays ?DSC_1302.JPG.0abdfdf5e9941b94db20d28a1cea4ef4.JPG

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, gnipper said:

I've used a couple of barrels over the years and they get condensation in them i found,  I ended up putting a ply bottom with a cavity underneath and drainage holes. 

That’s good to know. I will sit it on 2x2 and put some holes in the bottom.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Only ever kept 2 dogs in the house from pups,nightmare if I stay away anywhere as they won't go in a kennel or run?everything else has always been kennelled outside at night, they have free run of the garden and kitchen if someone is there with them. I've just used a 100 litre barrel for a litter of terriers... Made a little timber ramp so they could get in and out to empty themselves, fix the barrel to 2 x 2 timber runners on 3 sides and a piece of ply on top, older dogs sit up on top and catch some rays ?DSC_1302.JPG.0abdfdf5e9941b94db20d28a1cea4ef4.JPG

Good idea with the wood on top for a shelf to lay on 

Also do you breed working russells? 

Edited by WhiteWolf-82
On 14/05/2018 at 13:53, Daniel cain said:

Got my bitches in the 30 litre one's.... Enough room to turn around and stops them standing up and DSC_1352.thumb.JPG.444bdb1fe5e7e9066ee40a46440d6f7c.JPGpissing in their beds, £6 off ebay....50 litres if you got large terriers or 100 litres for a running dog, They can Chew them too their hearts content lol?2 x2 framework up off the floor and a little bench on top to sun themselves. I got a small kennel/whelping box for when I breed a litter. 

what size would be best for terrier pens 4x4, 6x4 or 8x4 or even 8x6?

Edited by WhiteWolf-82
18 minutes ago, WhiteWolf-82 said:

what size would be best for terrier pens 4x4, 6x4 or 8x4 or even 8x6?

As big as you have room, or want pal, they should only be in there at night or if someones not home... Took me yrs but now I can leave 6 together in the garden and not worry about having eyes in my arse?exercise, stimulation and work helps. Some lads do just fine having them in the house, everyone is different ?

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.ENDURANCEKENNELS.COM

There are many great sled dog house designs out there, some include insulation and less materials/labor. We still have some of our original square style sled dog houses that are made from one sheet of...

I have used this setup for the stock dogs. They really love these houses in the summmer they can get on top in the sun under in the shade or in during the rain

• Like 1