In an attempt to amend the Health Service Bill from 2006, Tory MP for Christchurch Chris Chope has put forward the National Health Service (Co-Funding & Co-Payment) Bill. The bill would be used to open up the debate on extending charges for the NHS by increasing the fees to people for certain services, including dentistry, prescriptions, GP visits and even some surgical procedures. It would affect England and Wales although it's unlikely to be passed without government support.

33 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

... and this comes on as the NHS announces that it will no longer be prescribing certain over the counter products in a bid to cut costs. These include dandruff shampoo, haemorrhoid cream, sunscreen, indigestion and heartburn treatments.

Dandruff shampoo on the NHS... FFS.

You can bet that the only fcukers getting Rennie's on script are those that aren't paying for them.

5 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

If Wilf latches onto this I'm going for five pages minimum, popcorn at the ready.....

I'll see that bet and raise you the pork shoulder I'm putting in the smoker!

2 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

You can bet that the only fcukers getting Rennie's on script are those that aren't paying for them.

Can't argue with that. The organisation haemorrhages money faster than a drunken sailor. Whatever one's views on the NHS I can't see how anyone would think that the status quo is sustainable, or even desirable.

1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

Comment of the day has to go to Sun poster Terence Allan...

NHSComments.png.91a603a7c2c827fb3bbb3732b8bbbbcf.png

I believe that the procedures are mainly carried out on women (obviously !) of, shall we say, "a certain faith".

33 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I believe that the procedures are mainly carried out on women (obviously !) of, shall we say, "a certain faith".

It certainly seems to be faith-driven...

While, in 48 of cases, 38 of the women were Christian or from the Church of England, two Muslim and 23 defined as having no religion.

The f*ck*ng infuriating part is when you read towards the bottom of the article...

One trust, at Luton and Dunstable University Hospital, had carried out 12 operations since 2013 - at a cost of £12,727.32.

While Norfolk and Norwich Hospitals have carried out 50 procedures since 2007, but didn't disclose the cost to the taxpayer.

The North Bristol NHS Trust has spent £11,950 on hymenoplasties - and the Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust carried out at least 13 procedures between 2012 and 2017.

So if we average the cost on a grand a piece on vaginal wellness, and take the amount of them carried about by the NHS trusts in the quote (76) we get a sum of just under eighty grand in just four hospitals on cosmetic surgery. I'm sure everyone's glad they worked all that overtime when taxes went up.

2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Chris mate ,I can' help but think you thrive on our misery here and seem to rub our noses in it .

Not at all, mate.

While it cements a few of my life choices I honestly wonder what happened where Great Britain used to be and when this dramatic uprising is coming.

They are literally taking your tax money to wallpaper women's vaginas.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

Not at all, mate.

While it cements a few of my life choices I honestly wonder what happened where Great Britain used to be and when this dramatic uprising is coming.

Brings a whole new meaning to "she's got the painters in" !!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Not at all, mate.

Isn't gonna be any uprising and anyone who thinks there will be has watched Braveheart one too many times, the British public ain't got it in them...well and truly whipped. 

• Thanks 1

As long as people get the corresponding tax reduction it’s a great idea..

..........but you won’t 

Completely and utterly unsustainable “service” and the sooner folk grasp that reality the sooner we can all move on........

• 1 month later...