Quick Kill Instinct

9 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

I remember back in the day when William Shakespeare told me that a good hyena x lion x cheetah x Greyhound with an ever so slight bit of bull would take them Every time and keep them there but same problem as socks you have to wait untill they have the bits they want. 

That Shakespeare still ows me 6 groats  c**t him 

• Like 1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the f**k are you smoking ?  Let me know il change the cider for some of that ?

Exactly what I said the other day.  Get in a s a p to dispatch it yourself.  Shouldn't be there to see how long it takes, or if indeed your dog can kill it.  People that put up vids like that are comp

Not on a public forum with lots off guests watching u won’t 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

The only dogs I've seen kill anything big like deer is my pit bitch on goats who would often take their throats out, or a mates English mastiff/danes who would crush pigs skulls,he got rid of them as he thought it wasn't sporting.I don't think its usually humane to let dogs maul large game animals to death.

yeh seen  few of them on the Oz site, the bullyx grey popular over there thats the  ebt , not the apbt, i know the bull Arab  very popular as well from the posts on there, what about   American  Bulldogs  , they  suppose to be good pig dogs as well , more of the  scot type etc  . !

16 hours ago, johnrussell84 said:

Not on a public forum with lots off guests watching u won’t 

I get your point but this is an international forum, guys outside of the UK can comment. Plus I'm sure there are lads on here with experience before the British ban.

Cheers

21 hours ago, DRP said:

Afternoon All,

Regarding deer, of any species. What breed or mix do you think has the best intinct for a quick neck kill?

I'm not talking about one dog learning from another, this is the best way to teach but not what I'm asking. Nor am I interested in disembowlment techniques or dogs that hold, waiting for their master to dispatch. I mean a dog, which instinctively grabbed the neck by itself and didn't let go until the deer was dead. Ideally I'd like to hear of dogs that haven't been used on anything other than rabbit, hare and deer.

I would like to hear from lads who have witnessed themselves. Not really interested in theories.

Pics would be great too! Obviously pre ban.

Cheers

DRP the only way you can stand a chance of getting the type of dog you have asked about is to find 2 Lurchers of different sex obviously that are doing the business and breed from them. Choose a pup and hope for the best.  I know that was the way pre-ban.

12 hours ago, northern lad said:

What are your thoughts on the subject??

My thoughts? I'm not a lurcher man, hence why I want to hear from people with experience.

I would assume the deer hound would be efficient in this job, there's no point having an animal suffer longer than necessary. Again my assumption would be that grabbing the neck for either a break or suffocation would be the most effective technique. I don't know if breeding for this has been done? Or how easy, if at all, the trait is passed on.

Maybe adding some bull n terrier blood in the mix could help. Etc, etc, etc.

Like I mentioned, I'm not that interested in theories, I can come up with plenty on my own.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

The only dogs I've seen kill anything big like deer is my pit bitch on goats who would often take their throats out, or a mates English mastiff/danes who would crush pigs skulls,he got rid of them as he thought it wasn't sporting.I don't think its usually humane to let dogs maul large game animals to death.

I absolutely agree!

Not sporting?? On the contrary, this is ideal. One shouldn't enjoy the prey suffering. A quick kill is what every hunter must ensure. If a quick kill is not what you are aiming for, you are a sick c*#t and need seeing to! Ideally via the same method, which you exposed the prey to.

I'm assuming you're referring to feral pigs and not boar. That must be some beast of a dog to crush a pigs skull. Unless you're talking piglets? 

23 minutes ago, Allan P said:

DRP the only way you can stand a chance of getting the type of dog you have asked about is to find 2 Lurchers of different sex obviously that are doing the business and breed from them. Choose a pup and hope for the best.  I know that was the way pre-ban.

Thanks for your reply, Allan P. 

I get what you're saying in terms of tackling deer. Hopefully the ability ie speed, strength, stamina and drive will be passed on to the offspring. 

What I'm asking is technique. Can technique be passed on rather than learnt? Can it be nature rather than nurture? If so, I'd like to hear from guys that have witnessed such.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, DRP said:

I absolutely agree!

Not sporting?? On the contrary, this is ideal. One shouldn't enjoy the prey suffering. A quick kill is what every hunter must ensure. If a quick kill is not what you are aiming for, you are a sick c*#t and need seeing to! Ideally via the same method, which you exposed the prey to.

I'm assuming you're referring to feral pigs and not boar. That must be some beast of a dog to crush a pigs skull. Unless you're talking piglets? 

I'm afraid you cannot guarantee a quick humane kill hunting deer with a dog, it is just not that simple. The dog can run the deer a fair distance and not have the strength to dispatch its quarry quickly, sometimes yes, a lot of the times it just doesn't happen. Then its up to you the hunter to do something about it and dispatch the quarry ASAP, to stop the suffering and the fecking noise.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, DRP said:

Thanks for your reply, Allan P. 

I get what you're saying in terms of tackling deer. Hopefully the ability ie speed, strength, stamina and drive will be passed on to the offspring. 

What I'm asking is technique. Can technique be passed on rather than learnt? Can it be nature rather than nurture? If so, I'd like to hear from guys that have witnessed such.

Cheers

I probably didn't answer correctly, what I was trying to say is if both the parents are tackling deer the way you describe you might be in with a chance of the pup doing the same. IMO it can't really be taught but some dogs will change there technique in time and develop a more efficient technique.  But at the end of the day the Hunter should do his best to get to the action and dispatch the animal asap.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I prefer poodle blooded dogs they stun the quarry with their garlic infused breath then go in and kiss them on each cheek.

Don't forget the discreet goosing of said prey animal ?

• Haha 1

Got to be the most retarded post I’ve seen on here for a while living in the uk with a ban in place only a complete wolly would need a ego massage openly giving accounts of dogs doing deer....

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, poxon said:

Got to be the most retarded post I’ve seen on here for a while living in the uk with a ban in place only a complete wolly would need a ego massage openly giving accounts of dogs doing deer....

To be fair mate, it aint really that retarded a post, we are on the hunting life ?

• Thanks 1