Quick Kill Instinct

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the f**k are you smoking ?  Let me know il change the cider for some of that ?

Exactly what I said the other day.  Get in a s a p to dispatch it yourself.  Shouldn't be there to see how long it takes, or if indeed your dog can kill it.  People that put up vids like that are comp

Not on a public forum with lots off guests watching u won’t 

Posted Images

The one dog I knew in the (very) old days who killed by holding onto the throat until the prey was dead was a greyhound/saluki x pure whippet.  He would grab a hock and lame the animal enough to slow it down then brought it down by  grabbing the neck.  The only marks he left were four canine holes in his prey's neck.  I have no idea whether he had inherited this killing behaviour or whether he passed it on and the owner is no longer around to ask.  This was before the fashion for bull blood and he definitely had no bull in him.  He was 25" and 24kg and never took anything larger than a roe buck or doe. 

• Like 1

Well, to be honest, the best dogs I've personally witnessed, have all had a fair old drop of collie in them. Don't know about all this instinct mullarky, cos back in the day we'd be straight in to finish it, and that's the truth

12 hours ago, DRP said:

I absolutely agree!

Not sporting?? On the contrary, this is ideal. One shouldn't enjoy the prey suffering. A quick kill is what every hunter must ensure. If a quick kill is not what you are aiming for, you are a sick c*#t and need seeing to! Ideally via the same method, which you exposed the prey to.

I'm assuming you're referring to feral pigs and not boar. That must be some beast of a dog to crush a pigs skull. Unless you're talking piglets? 

Not 100kg boars but decent size,mate used to like killing with a knife and expected his dogs to hold the ears only,which is what is what is wanted here so as to not damage the carcass.The dogs were huge,height of a dane but massively built.

14 hours ago, bird said:

yeh seen  few of them on the Oz site, the bullyx grey popular over there thats the  ebt , not the apbt, i know the bull Arab  very popular as well from the posts on there, what about   American  Bulldogs  , they  suppose to be good pig dogs as well , more of the  scot type etc  . !

I just had my Scott/Johnson Bulldog put down to old age,he was a guard only,great dog but no speed or stamina for hunting.I think there a fad,manufactured breed.The English bully/greys are a good dog here.My mrs used to hunt pigs for a living,reckons pit blooded pig dogs only want to fight the pigs instead of working and holding them,ending up with too many injuries and mauled pigs that you can't sell to the chillers,some hunters will disagree.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Not 100kg boars but decent size,mate used to like killing with a knife and expected his dogs to hold the ears only,which is what is what is wanted here so as to not damage the carcass.The dogs were huge,height of a dane but massively built.

IMG_0840.PNG

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, poxon said:

Got to be the most retarded post I’ve seen on here for a while living in the uk with a ban in place only a complete wolly would need a ego massage openly giving accounts of dogs doing deer....

As you're in the UK And there's a ban, if you don't feel comfortable contributing, don't. Simple. Guys in other countries could possibly be in different situations? Plus UK knowledge prior to the ban?

12 hours ago, planete said:

The one dog I knew in the (very) old days who killed by holding onto the throat until the prey was dead was a greyhound/saluki x pure whippet.  He would grab a hock and lame the animal enough to slow it down then brought it down by  grabbing the neck.  The only marks he left were four canine holes in his prey's neck.  I have no idea whether he had inherited this killing behaviour or whether he passed it on and the owner is no longer around to ask.  This was before the fashion for bull blood and he definitely had no bull in him.  He was 25" and 24kg and never took anything larger than a roe buck or doe. 

Cheers for your reply Planete.

I've heard of a couple whippet bred lurchers that get the job done single handed, in quick time too! Interesting. Thanks 

At least your talking about getting it killed quick seen videos where peoe are filming it while the animal.is still alive and there to busy videoing.it while there dogs are chewing at  it instead off killing it quick no dog men just idiots 

• Like 6
14 hours ago, planete said:

It’s a natural thing for dogs to grab bigger beasts than themselves by the back leg as there is a main artery in each leg which sometimes will be severed ,so they can follow it up and not use as much energy ,that dog of yours has been clever in doing it,atb wf 

22 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

It’s a natural thing for dogs to grab bigger beasts than themselves by the back leg as there is a main artery in each leg which sometimes will be severed ,so they can follow it up and not use as much energy ,that dog of yours has been clever in doing it,atb wf 

So they don't grab it because it's the first bit they come to when running up behind them and they know there's an artery there? 

• Like 1