Quick Kill Instinct

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the f**k are you smoking ?  Let me know il change the cider for some of that ?

Exactly what I said the other day.  Get in a s a p to dispatch it yourself.  Shouldn't be there to see how long it takes, or if indeed your dog can kill it.  People that put up vids like that are comp

Not on a public forum with lots off guests watching u won’t 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, j1985 said:

Don't think it matters what x it is, some dogs just go for the neck others don't. 

Yes but I am just curious if a particular breed or cross is more inclined to either go for the neck staight up, or quite soon after pulling the deer down. Hopefully I'll get some sensible replies. 

Seen a Jack Russell pull a roe down and throat fuuck it... honest ?

In all seriousness everyone knows if it's a big lowland red, all you need is a single beddywhippet. Day and night they are ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, DRP said:

Yes but I am just curious if a particular breed or cross is more inclined to either go for the neck staight up, or quite soon after pulling the deer down. Hopefully I'll get some sensible replies. 

Err err no 

1 hour ago, DRP said:

Not a chance brother hee hee hee 

8 hours ago, DRP said:

Afternoon All,

Regarding deer, of any species. What breed or mix do you think has the best intinct for a quick neck kill?

I'm not talking about one dog learning from another, this is the best way to teach but not what I'm asking. Nor am I interested in disembowlment techniques or dogs that hold, waiting for their master to dispatch. I mean a dog, which instinctively grabbed the neck by itself and didn't let go until the deer was dead. Ideally I'd like to hear of dogs that haven't been used on anything other than rabbit, hare and deer.

I would like to hear from lads who have witnessed themselves. Not really interested in theories.

Pics would be great too! Obviously pre ban.

Cheers

What are your thoughts on the subject??

The only dogs I've seen kill anything big like deer is my pit bitch on goats who would often take their throats out, or a mates English mastiff/danes who would crush pigs skulls,he got rid of them as he thought it wasn't sporting.I don't think its usually humane to let dogs maul large game animals to death.

• Like 5