GOOD COLLIE X GREY'S THIN ON THE GROUND IT SEEMS.

1 hour ago, colliejohn said:

In my opinion your going backwards adding Saluki blood why add more sighthound blood that's just stupid and your diluting the good traits out of the dogs too many lads have gone that way and yes genuine collie greyhounds are thin on the ground especially the ones with plenty of collie blood in them ie reverse threequarter 5/8,s collie 3/8,s greyhound of first crosses, I'm not a fan of 3/4 breds they're to greyhoundy for me to fast poor coats poor feet no bone just don't like them they aren't what I'd term a mooching dog, that's why I breed my own I know how they're bred and I know they will suit me.Regards Collie John.

what about using saluki instead of grey, great feet, better stamina, hardy durable, quarry sense etc etc

Edited by Gilbey

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an aside,...having been a member of this unique, hunting men's website, for several years,...I would have to congratulate Collie John for his sheer consistency... I fecking hate, users, and ab

you think they were brothers  , wouldn't you !!   Bryn  1x colle x grey , he was  bred   greyhound  dam . sire working farm collie . he be about   3  here , he  11  this sep  , and still fit for his a

Your right Japs , goodun's are few and far between I'm hoping to get a pup by my line bred collie x dog, in the not too distant future. I'm sure a pup by him would suit your needs if you don

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

what about using saluki instead of grey, great feat, better stamina, hardy durable, quarry sense etc etc

Just not for me pal I'm not a lover of sighthounds 1/4 is more of enough for me .Regards Collie John

• Like 1

Obviously nothing shouldn't get away if everything is netted up correctly but that's not my type of sport unless your on paid jobs lol I don't ferret golf courses or horse paddocks so I don't need a whippet type dog my dogs work heavy cover bracken brambles etc and I lamp them on all types of terrain they're a mooching / lamping type of collie cur.Regards Collie John

• Like 2
11 hours ago, bird said:
35 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

Obviously nothing shouldn't get away if everything is netted up correctly but that's not my type of sport unless your on paid jobs lol I don't ferret golf courses or horse paddocks so I don't need a whippet type dog my dogs work heavy cover bracken brambles etc and I lamp them on all types of terrain they're a mooching / lamping type of collie cur.Regards Collie John

would it be accurate to say colliejohn that certain types of ground would not be suitable for your dogs then....would you be limited to the type of ground your dogs could work on,,ie open ground and short grassy fields would not be the type of ground you prefer....

one of the litters on the selling sites lately was a farm collie x collie/grey from Typps line.

Hancock doesn't seem to have bred 1/4 beardies for years and looking on his site there isn't a stud for 3/8 collies of any type, likely not a market for them