GOOD COLLIE X GREY'S THIN ON THE GROUND IT SEEMS.

we all know of hancocks dogs and im not anti hancock they are what they are but it seems GOOD collie x greyhounds are few and far between.

there seems to be plenty what claim to be saluki x collie grey or bull x collie grey but not straight collie crosses...anyone know of any breeders???

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an aside,...having been a member of this unique, hunting men's website, for several years,...I would have to congratulate Collie John for his sheer consistency... I fecking hate, users, and ab

you think they were brothers  , wouldn't you !!   Bryn  1x colle x grey , he was  bred   greyhound  dam . sire working farm collie . he be about   3  here , he  11  this sep  , and still fit for his a

Your right Japs , goodun's are few and far between I'm hoping to get a pup by my line bred collie x dog, in the not too distant future. I'm sure a pup by him would suit your needs if you don

Posted Images

12 hours ago, japs eye said:

we all know of hancocks dogs and im not anti hancock they are what they are but it seems GOOD collie x greyhounds are few and far between.

there seems to be plenty what claim to be saluki x collie grey or bull x collie grey but not straight collie crosses...anyone know of any breeders???

You'd do better to wait 'til someone chooses parents carefully and breeds a litter for their own use. Having said that, the best collie/grey I've ever had was bred by a greyhound breeder when a good bitch came back from being lined and was covered again by the farm collie. The litter had both pure greyhounds and first crosses.

Many good litters will have a touch of some other breed in there and if the parents did what you want then what harm? Good luck with your search anyway, I'm sure something will turn up.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Black neck said:

On foxes ! The man's gone nuts

Or he ate beans out of an open tin that'd been put in the fridge, and the microbes scrambled his brain ?.  Either that, or he aint as kennel blind as people that think only bull x's will cath fox regularly ?

• Like 3
6 hours ago, shaaark said:

Or he ate beans out of an open tin that'd been put in the fridge, and the microbes scrambled his brain ?.  Either that, or he aint as kennel blind as people that think only bull x's will cath fox regularly ?

trunk on here  knocks few over with his pit x grey x collie x grey , it was a x i wanted  12 years ago, but not many this way bred back then. so i ended up  getting straight 1x collie x grey   Bryn who  11 this sep , great rabbit dog in the day and good in the lamp on them  rabbits, he never been  to keen on teeth , will have a go with another dog, a gsd x grey   got more grit  in them than collie x , but with any x type dog  even trunk said  , you never really know  with them, you need good lump of luck .:yes:

• Like 2
7 hours ago, shaaark said:

It's the beans my friend 

Only joking a mate of mine had 2 of the early hankooks off the David Jones dog years ago 1 a half cross 1 a 34 both were mustard on fox

• Like 1
On 11 May 2018 at 19:51, Black neck said:

It's the beans my friend 

Only joking a mate of mine had 2 of the early hankooks off the David Jones dog years ago 1 a half cross 1 a 34 both were mustard on fox

Here we go I seen collie xes grey do. Fox ,but in early days collie xs fa me were allways strictly edible jukels the softer the mouth etc bonus live retrieve cronies sold little bruising etc the g dealers wanted clean rabbits not smashed up carcasses.its a different time now mist run any sxs type on conies thinking strictly of numbers etc .now twenty good clean skinned conies are bette than forty knocked about ,worthy only of dog meat.ill o out on a sim and go far has ta say plenty collie greys tackled fox yrs back but these were usually far less worthy to. Man looking fa coin of clean rabbits nothing worse than making up one good rabbit from three .then yams get the bone crushing collie types that smash all edible but won't tackle teeth ,I think I must have seen all temps in the herders and those crushing types fa me are the worst ,won't tackle and smash edible now those da me are a frustrating type I must say.  Have culled more than one of those types i find not worthy of the flesh they eat to keep em. Atb Bill 

• Like 1

Heres a dog my mate had in the early 90's...from a collie bitch and a greyhound stud...he was a savage on the foxes...but lost interest on rabbits shortly after.he would catch them on the lamp and retrieve them but when you tried to take the rabbit he'd drop it and it would run away unharmed...we ran mostly rabbits so he was pts over it...but the foxes he did take,and they were many,he really went all out on them...and taking punishment was no issue with him

Screenshot_20180511-223956.png

Screenshot_20180511-224013.png

• Like 10
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

Heres a dog my mate had in the early 90's...from a collie bitch and a greyhound stud...he was a savage on the foxes...but lost interest on rabbits shortly after.he would catch them on the lamp and retrieve them but when you tried to take the rabbit he'd drop it and it would run away unharmed...we ran mostly rabbits so he was pts over it...but the foxes he did take,and they were many,he really went all out on them...and taking punishment was no issue with him

Screenshot_20180511-223956.png

Screenshot_20180511-224013.png

you think they were brothers  , wouldn't you !!   Bryn  1x colle x grey , he was  bred   greyhound  dam . sire working farm collie . he be about   3  here , he  11  this sep  , and still fit for his age  the old prat  lol

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

• Like 12
4 hours ago, billhardy said:

Here we go I seen collie xes grey do. Fox ,but in early days collie xs fa me were allways strictly edible jukels the softer the mouth etc bonus live retrieve cronies sold little bruising etc the g dealers wanted clean rabbits not smashed up carcasses.its a different time now mist run any sxs type on conies thinking strictly of numbers etc .now twenty good clean skinned conies are bette than forty knocked about ,worthy only of dog meat.ill o out on a sim and go far has ta say plenty collie greys tackled fox yrs back but these were usually far less worthy to. Man looking fa coin of clean rabbits nothing worse than making up one good rabbit from three .then yams get the bone crushing collie types that smash all edible but won't tackle teeth ,I think I must have seen all temps in the herders and those crushing types fa me are the worst ,won't tackle and smash edible now those da me are a frustrating type I must say.  Have culled more than one of those types i find not worthy of the flesh they eat to keep em. Atb Bill 

Yes