GOOD COLLIE X GREY'S THIN ON THE GROUND IT SEEMS.

1 hour ago, colliejohn said:

Listen pal my dogs don't jack so I wouldn't know but I wouldn't want a dog chasing everything that moved with half a brain.Regards Collie John

Didnt say they did mate just asking what you class as jacking. if you dont what to say thats fine dont mater to me, be a boring world if we all thought and liked the same. 

Edited by mush

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an aside,...having been a member of this unique, hunting men's website, for several years,...I would have to congratulate Collie John for his sheer consistency... I fecking hate, users, and ab

you think they were brothers  , wouldn't you !!   Bryn  1x colle x grey , he was  bred   greyhound  dam . sire working farm collie . he be about   3  here , he  11  this sep  , and still fit for his a

Your right Japs , goodun's are few and far between I'm hoping to get a pup by my line bred collie x dog, in the not too distant future. I'm sure a pup by him would suit your needs if you don

Posted Images

John have you run other xs before you decided these were for you or just always had collie x 

Don't take it wrong last time I asked a similar question I received a verbal clattering that seen me in the attic for days

32 minutes ago, Black neck said:

John have you run other xs before you decided these were for you or just always had collie x 

Don't take it wrong last time I asked a similar question I received a verbal clattering that seen me in the attic for days

Many years ago I had a first cross Bedlington greyhound good little bitch and a decent Lamper but I've always had collie greyhounds pal just my type of dog.Regards Collie John

16 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

Many years ago I had a first cross Bedlington greyhound good little bitch and a decent Lamper but I've always had collie greyhounds pal just my type of dog.Regards Collie John

I had a collie whip grey years ago was a good enough bitch the temp don't suit me tho if we was all the same it would be a dull old place

• Like 1
On 16 May 2018 at 16:55, colliejohn said:

Bill I will agree to disagree with you you ain't see many genuine collie greyhounds work because the one's I've seen work and bred don't jack and I certainly don't want a dog chasing every in site what its no chance of catching and what's all this youngsters of today stuff not many youngsters of today keep rabbiting dogs and all this numbers games there's only a few counties in the country what hold good numbers of rabbits its about being out with your dogs and mates in the fresh air and enjoying yourself which I do.Regards Collie John

John that's where yas very wrong I seen plenty collie xs greys ran had a few this town was a hot bed fa collie xs greyhounds we had them I knows ya thinking it's about being in the fresh air etc,but that's pretty much the same fa me these days.werent always that way though ,I travelled the length and breadth of Britain fa big numbers of contest and found the types that can and can't hack it night in night out and collie greyhound f1s the majority and  finding collie xs greys out best his get on the lamp run em hard fa a few seasons ,guarding nets or holes different lots different mooching around different ,the intensity ain't the same has being in the thick o coneys waiting to be catched.fa me perhaps on the whole mayb forty collie xs greyhounds don't mean a lot but I reckon that amount gives a varied picture of them I even seen em that would not run coneys preferred bigger stuff but there yas go they only preferred them in drips and drabs.i have lived a variety of jukels and we have kept keep the full spectrum of runners base types etc and still do and one only needs maybe a eight to a quarter collie dog at times that can be to much I feel they better bred generation both sides and select .lurcher X lurcher, collie xs greyhounds  with a dash of something els to the mix   I am out daily and has much has you portray the xs they are the xs that produce stock with the most flaws .outxing them to another type  or breed levels them out in the most important  part of a jukels make up its brain .mindset mentality call it what you like .atb bill

On 16 May 2018 at 16:52, two crows said:

bill back in 1972 I used a whippet over a coursing bitch of mine, and seem to remember some of them names the dog was in south yorks and called A1, if any one knows of him, the pups off him had level backs but one of the bitches off him threw a roach back bitch that was very fast and could hang on for ever, I have an odd photo but its a colly thread and my dogs aint collies.lol

The name rings a bell maybey it visited the local track my farther and brother ran out of the open meets fetched them from far and wide..the racing weren't fa me I was to busy catching live game.lol atb bill

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, billhardy said:

John that's where yas very wrong I seen plenty collie xs greys ran had a few this town was a hot bed fa collie xs greyhounds we had them I knows ya thinking it's about being in the fresh air etc,but that's pretty much the same fa me these days.werent always that way though ,I travelled the length and breadth of Britain fa big numbers of contest and found the types that can and can't hack it night in night out and collie greyhound f1s the majority and  finding collie xs greys out best his get on the lamp run em hard fa a few seasons ,guarding nets or holes different lots different mooching around different ,the intensity ain't the same has being in the thick o coneys waiting to be catched.fa me perhaps on the whole mayb forty collie xs greyhounds don't mean a lot but I reckon that amount gives a varied picture of them I even seen em that would not run coneys preferred bigger stuff but there yas go they only preferred them in drips and drabs.i have lived a variety of jukels and we have kept keep the full spectrum of runners base types etc and still do and one only needs maybe a eight to a quarter collie dog at times that can be to much I feel they better bred generation both sides and select .lurcher X lurcher, collie xs greyhounds  with a dash of something els to the mix   I am out daily and has much has you portray the xs they are the xs that produce stock with the most flaws .outxing them to another type  or breed levels them out in the most important  part of a jukels make up its brain .mindset mentality call it what you like .atb bill

I will agree to disagree with you Bill just enjoy your dogs all the best. Regards Collie John

• Like 3
10 hours ago, colliejohn said:

He's called Jim Cropper he's a fantastic dog handler.Regards Collie John

Hi John, I live close to Jimmy , he has had top collies for years, I know his sons well enough to , I know what type of dog you are  on about as i hunted them hills since a child . So I understand where you are coming from having had that type of curr dog in the past, fair play as they was once a plenty around these parts , most folk had them but not anymore ,  the best dogs I saw where bred as you have described, Evan though I don’t keep the cross talked about I am a admirer, all the best .

• Like 3