GOOD COLLIE X GREY'S THIN ON THE GROUND IT SEEMS.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an aside,...having been a member of this unique, hunting men's website, for several years,...I would have to congratulate Collie John for his sheer consistency... I fecking hate, users, and ab

you think they were brothers  , wouldn't you !!   Bryn  1x colle x grey , he was  bred   greyhound  dam . sire working farm collie . he be about   3  here , he  11  this sep  , and still fit for his a

Your right Japs , goodun's are few and far between I'm hoping to get a pup by my line bred collie x dog, in the not too distant future. I'm sure a pup by him would suit your needs if you don

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Proper working dog...:yes:

Phil sadly no longer with us he was a fantastic hill dog and a profilic trials winner a big powerful leggy collie the ideal stamp of dog to introduce into collie greyhounds or straight greyhounds.Regards Collie John

• Like 4

Yes, I agree fully...:yes:

I've acquaintances who favor the hare coursing types and also dogs of Bull blood,..and like yourself, they go to extraordinary lengths to obtain the best possible lines.

The lurchers that they create are superb,..obviously, they do not always produce canine perfection or the type that they desire, but I'm sure it 'ups the odds' a tad.?

• Like 3

Had a 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound ran a rabbit daytime and never tried again, unless ferreting and only if they didn't go on to open land. Iet her off lamping and you wouldn't see her again till she had run everything to ground baying like foxhound, she was good at finding hedgehog lol.                

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best cross i think to put to a collie would be a saluki,  get better shape, faster as they wouldn't be so heavy,  had a not planned litter of GSD x saluki a lot faster than the greyhound GSD ive seen that looked like starved GSDs ,  and just as smart. Never tried saluki collie, but would like to but off the right saluki blood then you would get collie crosses that dont pull up

Edited by mush
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, mush said:

Best cross i think to put to a collie would be a saluki,  get better shape, faster as they wouldn't be so heavy,  had a not planned litter of GSD x saluki a lot faster than the greyhound GSD ive seen that looked like starved GSDs ,  and just as smart. Never tried saluki collie, but would like to but off the right saluki blood then you would get collie crosses that dont pull up

try to send a pm ?

28 minutes ago, mush said:

All this jacking business is aload of nonsense and has regards putting it to a saluki you'd be going backwards a collie has brains feet coat and ample enough speed to catch a rabbit by adding saluki you'd be diluting all the good points at the end of the day we are talking mooching / rabbiting dogs.Regards Collie John

• Like 2
On 16 May 2018 at 16:07, colliejohn said:

All this jacking business is aload of nonsense and has regards putting it to a saluki you'd be going backwards a collie has brains feet coat and ample enough speed to catch a rabbit by adding saluki you'd be diluting all the good points at the end of the day we are talking mooching / rabbiting dogs.Regards Collie John

Here we go again some states a positive fact it's decried on its a fact ta da saluki they'll mooch do everything the collie X grey can plus more.and for pulling up jacking call it what yas dam like the proficient xs fa this his collie  greys there's his a few really good ones come along but fa every one there's a lot lot more that start ta show the signs if ya get one that goes three seasons with out the trait getting proninant ya got a good un ,ya know got backwards adding saluki the saluki has everything plus lots more than any greyhound just that many folk ain't seen the plus side to a good line,they have a great constitution and like a pure hill collie can run on anything and I mean anything and that's in pure form and ifs drop added to the collie grey lines they have a big impact .and John I am afraid all this pulling up game has you call it his a known trait of the xs it's not nothing knew ,we know one can jack any type ,but choosing picking his a trait in a collie dog itself the curs of the hill add other bits and bobs added no need da written peds they were so different than those collies used mainly today .phil jumped on the cattle dogs fa either one or two reasons the mentality of the working cattle dogs ,his words same but different. They have on the whole a bite in em and higher prey drive.thats what I see in the cattle dog .and there xes in comparission to collie xs greys , it don't go a miss adding a breed to any types fa the better of the type one breeds hard back to the original type dog breeding that his since existence began and fa those breeders ,they are the key ta keeping a good type going foreward and not stagnating ,buecause has ill say again evolution moves on coneys move on the new generation hunters move on they want animals that will take forty plus coneys three times a week and mooch and ferreting not has I see on utube cumbersome animals that will struggle on winter coneys given a bit law ,I am afraid likeyou me loydeys and perhaps the odd few more we can get by with just a pot dog but these youngster want more they hungry fa better animals 218.   They are the future and so be it.atb bill

36 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

Depends on the saluki blood