GOOD COLLIE X GREY'S THIN ON THE GROUND IT SEEMS.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an aside,...having been a member of this unique, hunting men's website, for several years,...I would have to congratulate Collie John for his sheer consistency... I fecking hate, users, and ab

you think they were brothers  , wouldn't you !!   Bryn  1x colle x grey , he was  bred   greyhound  dam . sire working farm collie . he be about   3  here , he  11  this sep  , and still fit for his a

Your right Japs , goodun's are few and far between I'm hoping to get a pup by my line bred collie x dog, in the not too distant future. I'm sure a pup by him would suit your needs if you don

Posted Images

That was a welp I gifted out collie whippet xs whippet grey butt like a brick house now around nineteen inches seven mths no sooner ya had grey or collie to the roach back type whips they straighten them out .big difference in a direct roach of some kinds and a raised loin totally different ,the roach type of some peds gives the. Movement of whippet not grey hence they can stay far far longer.,the mixing of non peds been done with great results over fifty yrs producing very fast animals that can hang on a wee while the peds of coursing stock with roach you type backs can stay on and on and on , it's all about getting the right type. And having personal experience of both types and mixes of the two.,I have seen a roach back type xes with ped type was a top grade animal on small edible day and night it was virtually bottomless .that was a moss field Margaret xs non ped type  ,he covered saluki types from Len French type Salukis and they all killed big land small land .i would  not see to much in to this roach back ,even though personally I prefer a straight back with a broad loin just alters the action of running.atb bill

On 15 May 2018 at 09:51, colliejohn said:

Sooner have that type than the roach back pedigree whippets their a lot more robust back to a straight leggy collie they'd throw handy types like Phil Lloyd's dogs.Regards Collie John

Phil loads jukels i believe poses both ped and non ped whips may be wrong but I doubt it.atb bill

2 hours ago, colliejohn said:

Sooner have that type than the roach back pedigree whippets their a lot more robust back to a straight leggy collie they'd throw handy types like Phil Lloyd's dogs.Regards Collie John

Same as yourself fellah,... I only breed a few wee dogs, to suit my own needs...

Not overly concerned as to what other folks want,..mine are usually gifted to like-minded souls, so the whelps are only ever used for a bit of mouching...

Luckily, we all manage to catch a few rabbits and birds, and its always good craic to hear how the pups turn out..but, it ain't too serious?

DSC_0094.thumb.JPG.e8c48a0cd3a3216dbf9ccbb0c4f58cbb.JPG

• Like 5
On 15 May 2018 at 13:08, troyboy17 said:

Can u remember  the first cross will hay  of chris cowdell  he sired a lot of bitches 

Yes can remember will hay gold promise good as gold Caroline's choice Bilco bel of the list whistle endless there's a few round round us bred down from the greats bred on the purple I like em xes with good coursing peds .then xs over a collie or terrier type Lurcher,fast grassland in the winter we know yas need that little bit more pace when they jumping up thirty yes and more from yas and flying overly slow types will only fill the pot on this ground it's a fine line at times but getting away from f1collie etc breeding fa the faster ground invariably his a must.i know there the exceptions but on the whole they need that little bit extra the red animal above his a good type for a f1x to be covered with.far better animals will be gotten this his a fact ,out early doors they learn ta run any type a land . ya not going lose any robustness most cases they come stronger .and using a mix of whippet types they quite of often stay longer it's a lot more about mentality when the chips are down and the lungs a burning .seems like some of the f1s might be thinking should I stay or should I go ,lol atb bill

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

That's the bitch the welp out of  strike while irons hot  top honcho grey f1

image.jpeg

Very nice. Love some of these first cross whip/greys. Owned and seen a few of these that were cracking dogs on all sorts of quarry

• Like 2
On 15 May 2018 at 13:39, Gilbey said:

would choose a pup sired by a decent sized scratch dog, over one sired by a whipp or grey

Yas know some yrs ago there was a few xs of peds X greyhounds about and what I seen of them they all had good speed the ability ta stay a while and they worked cover well ,the Bilco dog was a scratch dog his welps the males covered lots from street curs ta coursing type dogs of the day deerhound greys all the to saluki types they. All performed at there given vocation .theres a lot ta be said fa the right performance breeds ,there's plenty speed ta be found in the non peds ta cover any base breed and they will do a job covering holes etc ,a non ped whippet to me his a type that fits the criteria thirty two pound limit all above are scratch type whippetgrews .the best Bilco bred animal I seen was around twenty two and roach backed his hind set was equally to the back of his head ,stay longer than the deerhound xes we ran  he was mainly a used has a day dog long ears he was way above average did I own him no but my old friend did we both pooled 2pound fifty each so we could get him .legend in the field back here he was he killed them all over  including some fen land.his grandma tail was moss field Margaret illustrious ped breeding .atb bill

• Confused 1