GOOD COLLIE X GREY'S THIN ON THE GROUND IT SEEMS.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an aside,...having been a member of this unique, hunting men's website, for several years,...I would have to congratulate Collie John for his sheer consistency... I fecking hate, users, and ab

you think they were brothers  , wouldn't you !!   Bryn  1x colle x grey , he was  bred   greyhound  dam . sire working farm collie . he be about   3  here , he  11  this sep  , and still fit for his a

Your right Japs , goodun's are few and far between I'm hoping to get a pup by my line bred collie x dog, in the not too distant future. I'm sure a pup by him would suit your needs if you don

Posted Images

On 11/05/2018 at 19:51, Black neck said:

It's the beans my friend 

Only joking a mate of mine had 2 of the early hankooks off the David Jones dog years ago 1 a half cross 1 a 34 both were mustard on fox

Was he D .M by any chance ???

41 minutes ago, troyboy17 said:

What is your opinion  on the 3/8 collie  grey

if they do turn out like the maths suggests in between the half cross and the 3 quarter then i think thats what i would prefer but in a litter you will get all shapes n sizes generally.

What I would says his this like most things some people happy with simple fair f1collie greys on the whole pot dogs .phil loud had plenty of them he should comment ,seem he don't keep em now don't suit his needs have not done so for a long time .collie xs greys are meant  to be strong or heavy in comparission to other xes has ythe saying goes askanyman workin today more than simple they will all tell thee that herding blood his only one ingredient that begets a good jukel  collie John I admire ya loyalty to the xs  but then ferreting jukels are just that working whippets  on the whole do. Do just has good a job ,that collie grey above more suited to lamping rabbits three times a week forty runs a session ,then wee see three seasons down the line .troyboy yas about much varied experience on hunting jukels on variety of stuff has my twelve yr old grandson .phil Lloyd will tell the end entail attitude plus constitution both required .other wise going sour soon descends on the jukel .imhave plenty experience of collie greys ,but what I will say his we had rufous red half breads ok rabbit double on fox .i believe this think what you expect from a type of xs and breed accordingly.has for salu,I xs not my in my top list of jukels bu I see them taking all  sorts some d retrieve and well balanced in the mental department ,ta think that all f1collie greys pass this criteria his madness seen some that are has we say non starters .but has wee say some are easily pleased  others not so  and some only need the tool fa the required single job.atb bunnys

• Like 1
On 12 May 2018 at 21:49, colliejohn said:

To be honest 50% greyhound is more than enough in a dog for me. Regards Collie John

i believe a collie with a tad of non ped would be just the ticket ta the work required of your jukels  ,honestly watching the utube vids of some of these three quarters type collies .they not sharp enough fa down here you would definitely need to cove alholes with nets..fa that types best fa walking out with scrounging birds other odd bunnie etc .great companion type hunting helper I admire the base types and shapely hounds types aren't my thing ,but even so some winter bunnies given start on fast ground either  need a animal with blistering pace or ground covering pace else yas be going home empty bag. Fa me I believe my opinions fair and  honest has I see it ,I also know y'all get the odd exceptions but on the whole the type his very predictable.atb bunnys.

• Like 1
On 12 May 2018 at 21:03, colliejohn said:

Well I'd sooner have them than the 3/4 bred.Regards Collie John

I run this last five seasons with twohancock types collie xes one Delboy bit hthe other  f1 .both bitches they both needed time out between sessions of shining conies  not through constitution tbut mentall exaustion ,not wanted to get em picking and choosing .i ran a simple generation Alsatian xs that never missed a shift , this fa me meant nothing but told me plenty..atb bunnys

• Like 1