Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

On 30/07/2018 at 23:36, W. Katchum said:

Many litters ye sold Morton?? Be honest cos I have a rough idea remember you have been pulled on here before for it,fcuk I even defended you when gaz an co slated ye an put up. Your name an address????? so you no rightyo slate the guy imho

an Morton wasn’t you just selling a litter of gsd dogs?? Facts are I often get a heads up that there’s another litter for sale from the peddler in keighley, but hey that’s upto you (an ye missus an son who ye will blame)? 

The last litter i bred was a few years ago,ive 2 bitches here that will never be bred from and they are better bitches than the average dross.My lad bred a litter last year to give me a couple of pups,7 in the litter and he gave the rest away as gifts.Ive 2 bitch pups here and i will breed out of 1 of them in about 4 years time,if they warrant it.Ive never owned a gsd so cannot fathom how i bred a litter,i know of about 10 litters of Bedlingtons bred in Keighley in the last few years and i had no input into any of them,nor wanted to be associated with any one of them.Your facts are about as correct as your assumptions,i warned folk on here a while back about sourcing pups from this area,i warn folk about buying a pup from dross to graft,it does not equate and the folk that believe they could learn one to graft are fecking deluded.If a litter of black terriers,fells etc. where posted on here with the work ethic of this lads litter he would be crucified,as its a litter of Bedlingtons thus he gets is cock caressed instead..Ill tell you what you know about me ,zilch,thus carry on putting 2+2 together einstein,the folk that are feeding you info are the folk that i have issue with regarding Bedlingtons,breeding Bedlingtons,or other dogs and selling litter after litter.

• Haha 2

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

That's my point I suppose, there seems to be a bit of a quarrel going on between different Bedlington owners on here about who's are the best etc etc when really it seems no one has a Pure one and they're basically all Fell types that looks like Bedlingtons?

So why is there such controversy and bitchiness between each other?

Its a total waste of time to outcross a Bedlington and expect to breed bedlingtons.The purpose is to outcross to generate a gene pool of terriers,in different kennels,that can be sourced and dipped into to further your own attempts to own a working terrier that better resembles the Bedlington,in work ethic and conformation,than any KC bed terrier that will often be more mongrel bred than you would believe.If the outcross is utilised correctly and bred back into your lineage,again in the right manner,then you will produce a uniform litter of working terriers that resemble the Beddy of old,not only in type but more importantly in working ability.The reason i keep banging the same drum,the controversy as some see it,is the fact that some folk want a working terrier that resembles a Bedlington and the majority and their cohorts don,t care.I care because i care,the ones that don,t care breed the majority of Bedlingtons.

6 minutes ago, morton said:

Its a total waste of time to outcross a Bedlington and expect to breed bedlingtons.The purpose is to outcross to generate a gene pool of terriers,in different kennels,that can be sourced and dipped into to further your own attempts to own a working terrier that better resembles the Bedlington,in work ethic and conformation,than any KC bed terrier that will often be more mongrel bred than you would believe.If the outcross is utilised correctly and bred back into your lineage,again in the right manner,then you will produce a uniform litter of working terriers that resemble the Beddy of old,not only in type but more importantly in working ability.The reason i keep banging the same drum,the controversy as some see it,is the fact that some folk want a working terrier that resembles a Bedlington and the majority and their cohorts don,t care.I care because i care,the ones that don,t care breed the majority of Bedlingtons.

i can see your reason it what you want to achieve but why do you slate the gutchcommon blood are you saying it was never any good or just no good now?

15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

So your name am adress wasn’t put in here for peddling pups? I can tell ye the name an address but I’m not that petty, an like ye say I know nowt about you other than what ye say an back track on an what others say, but I know you sell dogs an I know you have no place judging others whilst doubling up your own dogs an seeling ye surplus, if that’s what ye wanna do then do be it, it won’t ever impact me?????

My name is C.Greenham and i live in Morton,take it from there einstein.Again ive not bred a litter for a few years,that was to make up for a retirement and a loss,i bred 4 pups,kept 2,gifted 1 and sold one for £140 as it was easier to find a good pet home than a poor working one,if that makes me a peddlar ill stand guilty as charged.Ive had 3 and 4 adult terriers on heat here in the last 4 or 5 years,ive not bred from 1 of them because i refuse to add to the bitches in circulation that are kept as cash cows,ive been offered decent money to line bitches and the folk willing to pay me for the full litter,im far from a wealthy man yet would rather be skint than breed for dollar,the last 2 litters ive been associated with were bred by my lad and not 1 was sold.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

i can see your reason it what you want to achieve but why do you slate the gutchcommon blood are you saying it was never any good or just no good now?

There is gutchcommon,granitor,rillington blood in all Bedlingtons,thats a fact,another fact is that these so called bloodlines are way,way past their best and id rather breed away from all of them now,the Rillington kennel tried harder than most to save the Bedlington as a grafter and lasted the course with more honesty that the rest,the Rillington line is so diluted with the rest that its viability now is questionable.If it comes across that i slate a certain line id be more correct to slate the majority of these lines as they are worse than useless,the small pockets of resistance are not enough to correct the tide and rather than take a chance on such and such a line i feel its better to breed away from them totally.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Str said:

What breeding is in your bedlingtons morton ?.

The original bitch i bred from,had the usual names that entered most pedigrees 20 years ago,a touch of gutchcommon,a tad more granitor and the majority Rillington,plus the odd border and Lakey name in the ancestry.Somebody better knowledged with pedigrees pointed out a couple of names on the paper that could not possibly have been bred from at the time,such is the minefield of pedigree papers and the supposed accuracy of them.I outcrossed to a decent Red Fell i owned and everything since as been bred back into the original line.The red Fell im still breeding from now if the tales on here are to be believed and i have not seen her for 3 years,retired to a pet home through injury,my main stud now is a retired dog heavily bred back to the original-No fell outcross in him,if the tales,again put about on here,are to be believed he is a bitch that i regularly breed from.As with a lot of honest folk i now need a serious Beddy to put back into the mix,thus my negativity when i see litters bred with no purpose or usefulness.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, morton said:

The original bitch i bred from,had the usual names that entered most pedigrees 20 years ago,a touch of gutchcommon,a tad more granitor and the majority Rillington,plus the odd border and Lakey name in the ancestry.Somebody better knowledged with pedigrees pointed out a couple of names on the paper that could not possibly have been bred from at the time,such is the minefield of pedigree papers and the supposed accuracy of them.I outcrossed to a decent Red Fell i owned and everything since as been bred back into the original line.The red Fell im still breeding from now if the tales on here are to be believed and i have not seen her for 3 years,retired to a pet home through injury,my main stud now is a retired dog heavily bred back to the original-No fell outcross in him,if the tales,again put about on here,are to be believed he is a bitch that i regularly breed from.As with a lot of honest folk i now need a serious Beddy to put back into the mix,thus my negativity when i see litters bred with no purpose or usefulness.

Have you had ones that go back to Corbits max line?

Morton your problem of wanting a good beddie stud dog is not a new one! I had this problem in my late 20s and I am 54 next,it could be worse now as I wouldn’t have Granitor blood which is show blood in my bedlingtons.from what you have said in one of your replies to fed90 I think you missed out on the decent Rillington beddies and ended up with bits of this and that why you don’t rate Rillington blood as highly as I am sure you would have if your dogs had more Rillington blood.to breed decent working Bedlingtons today is not easy but I think you are going in the direction as the show stuff is a joke.

• Like 1

A bit random I know. Taken from something sent to me today by a mate promoting an exhibition  at Woodhorn Museum in Ashington, the Pitmen Painters. A tenuous connection to this thread as the featured painting has a Bedlington in it and the location of the exhibition is only a kick up the arse from the "village" of Bedlington.

1735_lead-image--unseen.jpg

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Str said:

Morton your problem of wanting a good beddie stud dog is not a new one! I had this problem in my late 20s and I am 54 next,it could be worse now as I wouldn’t have Granitor blood which is show blood in my bedlingtons.from what you have said in one of your replies to fed90 I think you missed out on the decent Rillington beddies and ended up with bits of this and that why you don’t rate Rillington blood as highly as I am sure you would have if your dogs had more Rillington blood.to breed decent working Bedlingtons today is not easy but I think you are going in the direction as the show stuff is a joke.

I may not have nailed my flag to the post in the right manner,im more interested in the Rillington line than any other,because George tried harder than the rest,until i came along,tongue in cheek,he did not have to suffer the fools that the tinternet makes experts of that i suffer with.The original outcross i went to were bred from some of the last mutts rescued from georges kennel,bred to my bitch that was heavily rillington influenced.The facts are the outcross did not wok in the first instance for me,as happens at times with any outcross.I bred the first Male pup out of this outcross back to his mother and it flourished from there,thus a failed outcross managed to show fruit with a little perseverance,as it often will if folk are willing to take a step back in their breeding to then take two forward a little later down the line.The major problem i associate with Bedlingtons is the newcomers that are instant experts,have no fecking clue how to work a terrier and have zero interest in taking the Bedlington back to its purpose.I owned my first Beddy in my early twenties and its taken me over 30 years to get to where i am at now,the feckwits that pollute the breed managed to get to where many of us struggled with one expensive litter.

If I were you Morton I would forget what others are doing and concentrate on your own dogs that way you will avoid a lot of the flack you receive because regardless what you say or do folks will do what they want with there own dogs,look what happened to George Newcombe he ended up falling out with a lot of folks which I don’t suppose did him any favours as he got older,so calm down and get some pics of your dogs on for us to have a look at,atb with your breeding program.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Str said:

If I were you Morton I would forget what others are doing and concentrate on your own dogs that way you will avoid a lot of the flack you receive because regardless what you say or do folks will do what they want with there own dogs,look what happened to George Newcombe he ended up falling out with a lot of folks which I don’t suppose did him any favours as he got older,so calm down and get some pics of your dogs on for us to have a look at,atb with your breeding program.

Some pic on this topic of Morton dogs look nice type,  do you keep the beddys mate