Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, ADAM C said:

At the end of the day digging is now illegal and around me there are far too many black and white setts, so dont want to drop on something i met get my collar felt and get into some series sh*t.There are people watching these places all the time just not worth it any more for me......hence ratting and bushing for my whippets its the sport i enjoy and the dogs love it.

Well anyway im sorted now for a stud dog.......carry on bitching at each other.

Thanks Adam.

Good you got sorted with stud but still be careful as pup you keep nowt to say it will not go to ground an work an end up in shit pal 

On 11/05/2018 at 19:27, Busher100 said:

What's the longest your beddys have had to stay for Morton? Dont think I'm having a dog at ya as i dont have a decent terrier myself just a bolting sort who will stay ten mins tops

3 1/2  days,mind you he was stuck under an awful lot of rock.They stay until the fox bolts or they are dug to,that may take a few minutes or several hours.We always attempt to let the terrier do the work and try not to interfere,a dog we have here we have to get the shovel to as he quickly kills a reluctant bolter.

11 hours ago, ADAM C said:

At the end of the day digging is now illegal and around me there are far too many black and white setts, so dont want to drop on something i met get my collar felt and get into some series sh*t.There are people watching these places all the time just not worth it any more for me......hence ratting and bushing for my whippets its the sport i enjoy and the dogs love it.

Well anyway im sorted now for a stud dog.......carry on bitching at each other.

Thanks Adam.

Where is digging illegal around you?.The bitching starts when somebody looks for a worthless stud to further their kennel,a kennel not worth breeding out of.My advice is to source a proper bred working pup and use it as you wish,if that entails only ratching about for rodents thats your choice and i wish you well with that, a proper bred pup will ratch about with far more purpose than a failure and is then worth breeding from if you so desire,a Beddy that is bred from shite stock will later breed more shite in another kennel.Therefore my advice is not to breed from what you have and if you are not equipped to deal with a terrier dropping to ground,even shite bred uns will,then you would be far better served with getting a, houndy/beagle type hunting companion,not to small though because them feckers have an habit of dropping in.

11 hours ago, morton said:

Where is digging illegal around you?.The bitching starts when somebody looks for a worthless stud to further their kennel,a kennel not worth breeding out of.My advice is to source a proper bred working pup and use it as you wish,if that entails only ratching about for rodents thats your choice and i wish you well with that, a proper bred pup will ratch about with far more purpose than a failure and is then worth breeding from if you so desire,a Beddy that is bred from shite stock will later breed more shite in another kennel.Therefore my advice is not to breed from what you have and if you are not equipped to deal with a terrier dropping to ground,even shite bred uns will,then you would be far better served with getting a, houndy/beagle type hunting companion,not to small though because them feckers have an habit of dropping in.

First bit of sence you have written Mort 

My sport is ratting and bushing.......therefore i want to breed my bitch with another dog that does this sport.....just because they dont go to ground why does this mean they're shite?.........people enjoy different things....live and let live.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, ADAM C said:

My sport is ratting and bushing.......therefore i want to breed my bitch with another dog that does this sport.....just because they dont go to ground why does this mean they're shite?.........people enjoy different things....live and let live.

How much will you sell the spare pups for?.If you breed from terrier stock that won,t go to ground it is shite breeding,if you had posted about a Black terrier,a lakey/fell or a russel this site would have been all over you like a rash on a cheap whores monkey,because it is about a Bedlington many on here find it acceptable that you wish to breed bushers from failures.Again don,t breed from what you have,rather than produce another litter of shite source yourself something more fitting to your hunting lifestyle.A beagle/terrier or spaniel/terrier mutt will serve you far,far better,take off the rose tinted spectacles and work the Beddy bitch alongside another and don,t add to the egoistic cesspool of Beddy failures.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, morton said:

How much will you sell the spare pups for?.If you breed from terrier stock that won,t go to ground it is shite breeding,if you had posted about a Black terrier,a lakey/fell or a russel this site would have been all over you like a rash on a cheap whores monkey,because it is about a Bedlington many on here find it acceptable that you wish to breed bushers from failures.Again don,t breed from what you have,rather than produce another litter of shite source yourself something more fitting to your hunting lifestyle.A beagle/terrier or spaniel/terrier mutt will serve you far,far better,take off the rose tinted spectacles and work the Beddy bitch alongside another and don,t add to the egoistic cesspool of Beddy failures.

As i said.....just cos they dont go to ground does not mean shite...........People may have dogs that just do ground work and dont bush etc.....are they shite in the bushing mans eyes??

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, ADAM C said:

As i said.....just cos they dont go to ground does not mean shite...........People may have dogs that just do ground work and dont bush etc.....are they shite in the bushing mans eyes??

The reason i keep Bedlingtons is because they are the most versatile of terrier,they will ratch about on top with few equals and will enter below and graft as well as any terrier,the vast majority of the graft mine encounter is above ground and anything they push or find to ground i expect them to deal with as a terrier should,a Bedlington that refuses or is not interested in entering is shite,is bred from shite and will only produce shite,i hope that clears it up for you.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ADAM C said:

But not everyone wants their dogs to drop in.........why come on spoiling threads....as i said live and let live......not everyone is the same and wants the same.

Id much rather spoil a thread than an honest terrier just to line my pocket and ego.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

99.9% of bedlingtons are shite morton, one more litter won’t make a bit of difference.

You won,t find an argument from me with those percentages,yet it only takes 1 or 2 folk to breed right to start to get those percentages down a tad.With every litter of shite sold the Beddy reputation suffers,with every honest litter the balance is hard to balance,a few diehards are hell bent on putting the record straight,if that means upsetting a few feckwits and egos so be it.While im on here ill take up the challenge as i know what a genuine Beddy brings to the table.

• Like 4