Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Couple of good points there. Got a couple of mates, and a couple of others that used to live in my old area, that have owned and worked some of the 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16th bred stuff. Some of  them directly from george newcomes, the rest bred from those dogs. All of them good  ALLROUND workers. 

Others that I've heard of, in different parts of south wales supposed to be good digging dogs. No pure kc types though

True and the only ones that insist on them been pure are the ones that are more interested in the price tag. Why hide it if something was added to improve it?

• Like 1

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TOPPER said:

The reason we put fell into our bedlingtons is to keep the size down and improve the coat , ive dogs here with really thick jackets you have a job to part it and find skin they can stand out all day in the rain shake and there almost dry , the fell works well for us , top

Any pics topper?

2 hours ago, TOPPER said:

The reason we put fell into our bedlingtons is to keep the size down and improve the coat , ive dogs here with really thick jackets you have a job to part it and find skin they can stand out all day in the rain shake and there almost dry , the fell works well for us , top

Nothing wrong with that if it improves them. But you here about  border/Lakey and other such breeds but when you cross a beddy with anything they still are beddys. At what point do they become fells or lakey? even though the price tag is smaller. I'm not criticising and I do like the type but if you keep putting mayonnaise on cabbage then it turns into coleslaw.

20 hours ago, jiggy said:

Nothing wrong with that if it improves them. But you here about  border/Lakey and other such breeds but when you cross a beddy with anything they still are beddys. At what point do they become fells or lakey? even though the price tag is smaller. I'm not criticising and I do like the type but if you keep putting mayonnaise on cabbage then it turns into coleslaw.

?

Edited by shaaark
5 hours ago, jiggy said:

I call them bedlingtons /fells and there’s no getting away from it the fell /border/Lakeland just makes them an allround better terrier for earth work and that’s what I keep them for yes a kc reg will bush and hunt all day but sadly most will not enter the ground the drive as been bred out of them for the show ring and it’s happend for most other terrier breeds atb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, coco said:

Go onto working bedlingtons 2005 there’s loads on there mate me and a mate done hunt service with a few good uns atb

I’ve tried but it’s having none of it.

1 hour ago, coco said:

I call them bedlingtons /fells and there’s no getting away from it the fell /border/Lakeland just makes them an allround better terrier for earth work and that’s what I keep them for yes a kc reg will bush and hunt all day but sadly most will not enter the ground the drive as been bred out of them for the show ring and it’s happend for most other terrier breeds atb

Fair play man at least your been honest ? Money fcuks up everything. Border terriers are a good example of that.Im sure there is probably a few pures working but they are as rare as hens teeth.

2 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Fair play man at least your been honest ? Money fcuks up everything. Border terriers are a good example of that.Im sure there is probably a few pures working but they are as rare as hens teeth.

Yes sadly if they were about there just a throw back in time but most pure bred terriers are going the same way and anyway why would you pay 300/400 quid for a terrier going down bloody holes the kc brigade ruined the bedlingtonterrier in the 70s atb

1 hour ago, darbo said:

Go to page 6 on earthdogs&working terriers section.

I’ve tried if I keep on trying I will stamp on my f***ing phone!!  There must be an easier way to search than that.

1 hour ago, coco said:

Yes sadly if they were about there just a throw back in time but most pure bred terriers are going the same way and anyway why would you pay 300/400 quid for a terrier going down bloody holes the kc brigade ruined the bedlingtonterrier in the 70s atb

Still it's nice to see lads like yourself making an effort to improve the few that are left.