Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

5 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Some pic on this topic of Morton dogs look nice type,  do you keep the beddys mate 

Not now but I did from around 1986 to 2000,I’ve seen a couple of pics of Morton’s but thought he may have a few more.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

4 hours ago, tank34 said:

Any pic of your old stuff mate

Here you go tank,top pic tyke 1/16 border ,2nd pic tyke digging rabbits for a big dog it was amazing we’re he could get,3rd pic tyke with his dam,ive put this pic on so you can see the difference in coat between a KC bedlington and one with 1/16 border,forth pic holy my first bedlington she was 7 in pic,I kept one of the pups and with cash left I had her eye cataracts removed which ended up with holy having to be put down as the vet made such a bollocks of it( Rickets vet Huddersfield) what a c**t.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:07, Str said:

The border terrier was used by George for the same reason he first used the Lakeland terrier because he couldn’t find suitable Bedlingtons to breed with his and he needed new blood but wasn’t prepared to use just any Bedlington,he didn’t need an outcross to make them better workers he needed new blood. Printer on this forum has some really nice border Bedlingtons.

but did not George himself say the border outcross was a mistake ?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

but did not George himself say the border outcross was a mistake ?

My point was borders and Lakeland’s were used by George because he couldn’t get the right type of bedlington not that borders were superior,I’ve had a border cross but only 1/16 and the border blood could still been seen in coat colour ,I’ve seen some nice border crosses but I don’t like the 1/2 or 3/4 I think you need more bedlington blood,I heard George said it was a mistake but don’t know how true it is,I could see why he would say it as Lakeland x bedlingtons looked really nice at 3/4 beddie 1/4 Lakeland.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Str said:

My point was borders and Lakeland’s were used by George because he couldn’t get the right type of bedlington not that borders were superior,I’ve had a border cross but only 1/16 and the border blood could still been seen in coat colour ,I’ve seen some nice border crosses but I don’t like the 1/2 or 3/4 I think you need more bedlington blood,I heard George said it was a mistake but don’t know how true it is,I could see why he would say it as Lakeland x bedlingtons looked really nice at 3/4 beddie 1/4 Lakeland.

his fell line was good to and threw some handy well built stuff,? must admit some of the above do look ok ,but most border hybreds i have seen are hideous looking things and lets not forget borders can be very late starters ? most now are using the fell out cross so it does say it all really?

28 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

his fell line was good to and threw some handy well built stuff,? must admit some of the above do look ok ,but most border hybreds i have seen are hideous looking things and lets not forget borders can be very late starters ? most now are using the fell out cross so it does say it all really?

Have you got beddies now or had them in the past moocher? If so let’s have some pics.

The fact that somebody would be upset over a dash of white on a dogs toes or chest is probably part of their downfall when working ability has to take 2nd place. Who cares if they are pink if they work. If fell blood had to be added then they weren't that good to begin with. Let them be cross bred and if they work who cares if they are purebred or try to claim they are!

• Like 4

The reason we put fell into our bedlingtons is to keep the size down and improve the coat , ive dogs here with really thick jackets you have a job to part it and find skin they can stand out all day in the rain shake and there almost dry , the fell works well for us , top

• Like 6
1 hour ago, jiggy said:

The fact that somebody would be upset over a dash of white on a dogs toes or chest is probably part of their downfall when working ability has to take 2nd place. Who cares if they are pink if they work. If fell blood had to be added then they weren't that good to begin with. Let them be cross bred and if they work who cares if they are purebred or try to claim they are!

Couple of good points there. Got a couple of mates, and a couple of others that used to live in my old area, that have owned and worked some of the 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16th bred stuff. Some of  them directly from george newcomes, the rest bred from those dogs. All of them good  ALLROUND workers. 

Others that I've heard of, in different parts of south wales supposed to be good digging dogs. No pure kc types though