Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, fred90 said:

don't think the liver ones are?

I am not sure Fred as I’ve never bred liver pups, I’ve seen young 3-4 month old liver pups but by this time the coats are changing colour,they have liver noses & different coloured eyes than blue bedlingtons.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ADAM C said:

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud with these pups.

Screenshot_20180716-195236_WhatsApp.jpg

Looks like all is well that ends well. Turned into an extremely interesting thread IMO, that went off on a tangent, with insight into the Bedlington type that is still being worked today in the UK.  Good stuff.

• Like 1
On 15/07/2018 at 23:49, Str said:

Let’s be honest you don’t get to push that many Fox’s out from cover it’s certainly not a weekly thing or monthly on my local ground, I see them but they have usually winded me first unless they are slack foxes.

Lets be really honest,i and my lad push fox,after fox after fox out of cover 2 or 3 times a week,for season after season.The least would be a couple a session and that regularly goes into double figures,we may drive to several locations in the day and find a fox or two in many of them,or walk the high Fells and often find far less,yet find.The most educated fox is easy enough to be found by any ratching about jukel,a dedicated pack fares a tad better and the fox that flees fastest leaves the same scent and trail a a slacker,again my mutts search for a scent,follow a scent and pressure the fox to ground,on many an occasion,catch it in cover etc. or lose it,as is the case at times-then its in the memory bank for another days endeavour.You state Bedlingtons are to big for fox work,if they are bred wrong thats true,mine are not,what is the point or purpose in breeding from any terrier thats not fit for purpose?.To cover Eddie b,s question,the main reason is we know the terrain most of the time,at times the mutts enter territory we have not walked before and then the locators play their part,as does the lurcher,most lurchers we have owned will guide you to a terrier below ground,we may have to cover a lot of ground to get a signal on the odd occasion,we manage.Ive lost terriers and lurchers,occupational hazards,its shitty when it happens,possibly why we make every effort to cut the percentages to our advantage by knowing the ground,knowing the mutts and more importantly understanding you and your mutts limitations.

• Like 1
On 16/07/2018 at 20:15, ADAM C said:

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud with these pups.

Screenshot_20180716-195236_WhatsApp.jpg

Apologies for hijacking your thread,hopefully picking through it will give you a small insight into what a Bedlington is capable of,good luck with the pups and enjoy what you expect from them and take no heed of what others expect from theirs.

• Like 1

There’s mounted packs not put as many foxes out of cover as you and your lad Morton,come on fox after fox after fox! You should have started your reply with Once opon time.we will after agree to disagree atb.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Str said:

There’s mounted packs not put as many foxes out of cover as you and your lad Morton,come on fox after fox after fox! You should have started your reply with Once opon time.we will after agree to disagree atb.

Was just thinking the same thing while reading that. What the hell have I been doing all these years following a footpack when all I needed was a couple of beddys.  Find them, hunt them, put them to ground and then dig them. Fcuk 13 couple of hard hunting hounds and a few terriers when all I ever needed was 2 beddys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1