Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

On 24/06/2018 at 23:16, ziggy said:
On 14/06/2018 at 22:31, dytkos said:

Are they stright beddys morton are have they got lakie in them aswell

No such thing as a straight beddy,such an animal never existed.The mutts in the picture are bred back to a red Fell you earlier mentioned,a breeding that warranted the folklore behind it,over 300 digs in one season etc.,etc.,etc.,the reality of that breeding is anything bred back from that outcross was directly bred to a Beddy bitch,then bred back to anything that threw to that Beddy bitch.The red Fell influence in my breeding is diluted with the Tilly influence that affects the working ethic of anything i own,Tilly was possibly the finest hunting terrier ive ever seen in the field and she was a Beddy.The red Fell,Midge,was a mutt that deserved the recognition he attained,tilly never kept the same company yet did far more and thats a fact.

• Like 1
On 08/07/2018 at 21:20, morton said:

No such thing as a straight beddy,such an animal never existed.The mutts in the picture are bred back to a red Fell you earlier mentioned,a breeding that warranted the folklore behind it,over 300 digs in one season etc.,etc.,etc.,the reality of that breeding is anything bred back from that outcross was directly bred to a Beddy bitch,then bred back to anything that threw to that Beddy bitch.The red Fell influence in my breeding is diluted with the Tilly influence that affects the working ethic of anything i own,Tilly was possibly the finest hunting terrier ive ever seen in the field and she was a Beddy.The red Fell,Midge,was a mutt that deserved the recognition he attained,tilly never kept the same company yet did far more and thats a fact.

The dog was dug 300 times in a season and your bitch topped that? Have I read that right?

• Haha 4
On 11/07/2018 at 09:26, Rabbit Hunter said:

The dog was dug 300 times in a season and your bitch topped that? Have I read that right?

She was rarely dug to yet worked 3 or 4 times a week,shifted a useful amount of fox,above and below and grafted to a decent standard for 8 seasons,she was also the most versatile of terriers and managed to become a competent ferreting companion,a ratting terrier of sublime ability,marked a tree and you could guarantee a squirrel was in residence,mullered the odd mink she found on our summer meanderings along the waterways,shifted more deer from their haunts than most and still managed to fit in time to knack the odd feral,she became hard gummed chewing hedgehogs-i hate dogs killing hedgehogs-would find feather like a well heeled pointer and i stopped working her on a certain moor overlooking Addingham because i was sick of her picking hares up off their seats,geez them big scutters could cast fur.Was she a better terrier below ground?,certainly not,was she a terrier that suited my working lifestyle better and with far more reward?Yes and thats why she topped anything the best of diggin dogs could ever give me.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, morton said:

She was rarely dug to yet worked 3 or 4 times a week,shifted a useful amount of fox,above and below and grafted to a decent standard for 8 seasons,she was also the most versatile of terriers and managed to become a competent ferreting companion,a ratting terrier of sublime ability,marked a tree and you could guarantee a squirrel was in residence,mullered the odd mink she found on our summer meanderings along the waterways,shifted more deer from their haunts than most and still managed to fit in time to knack the odd feral,she became hard gummed chewing hedgehogs-i hate dogs killing hedgehogs-would find feather like a well heeled pointer and i stopped working her on a certain moor overlooking Addingham because i was sick of her picking hares up off their seats,geez them big scutters could cast fur.Was she a better terrier below ground?,certainly not,was she a terrier that suited my working lifestyle better and with far more reward?Yes and thats why she topped anything the best of diggin dogs could ever give me.

Sounds a useful bitch?

Just now, Daniel cain said:

Sounds a useful bitch?

Was and the reason i rate bedlingtons is heavily influenced by what she brought to the table,everything i and my lad own is heavily influenced by her and not the Fell influence,as some would have you believe.The two main terriers my lad owns are as honest as they come below ground but don,t get to use the versatility the Bedlington is famed for,i have a young pup here now,about 9 months,that is tearing up the countryside and is marking walls,warrens and trees,will hunt a bunny and push it out of any cover and then to ground,will follow an hare for field after field and yippity,yippity up hill and down dale,enters beyond its age and is possibly the greatest reflection on its Tilly lineage,my lad is desperate to get her in his kennel,she would be worked to fox only with him and her abilities would stagnate and be wasted.The hard core on here are of a mindset that a terrier as to be dug to only to gain its stripes,i have another mindset that my useless fluffy,s are bred for and this little fecker as got me interested again.

Ive personally not used any terrier for bushing since my early teens... The digging and lamping bug got me..... I dont knock what others chose to use their's for. Everytime ive been out with other folk's bushers ive been quietly  impressed and had some good sport. as i get older im starting to sway towards dogs that can do more  than one thing..... Times are a changing and getting on top for certain pursuits, and i know that i need to adapt so as i can still get out doing  abit. I used to live for killing shit in big numbers but its lost its sheen...... Variety is the spice of life as they say?

• Like 2

I don,t like to kill much now,yet hate a jukel that cannot kill,id rather see them run away to be hunted again,the fecking mutts have an habit of ruining my sepia lensed hunting lifestyle,age as an habit of softening the hardest of hunting hearts.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Ive personally not used any terrier for bushing since my early teens... The digging and lamping bug got me..... I dont knock what others chose to use their's for. Everytime ive been out with other folk's bushers ive been quietly  impressed and had some good sport. as i get older im starting to sway towards dogs that can do more  than one thing..... Times are a changing and getting on top for certain pursuits, and i know that i need to adapt so as i can still get out doing  abit. I used to live for killing shit in big numbers but its lost its sheen...... Variety is the spice of life as they say?

Daniel you say your starting to sway towards a terrier  that can do more than one thing,it’s not the dog Daniel it’s the owners that limit the dogs,a fell terrier with the right training could do anything a bedlington could do,Morton says how his bedlington hunts hares field after field! Any terrier could do that cos it’s out of control,dogs like that are a nightmare as there always too far in front which is no good if you have a gun in your hands unless it’s a Kalashnikov or as beating dogs or to flush to lurchers as they have there own agendas..

• Like 1

My old fell bitch was predominantly a digging dog, but she also made a very good bird dog, would work fox in cover (both with collar on), and also an excellent ratter. Kept her well clear of rabbits for obvious reasons. She was easy handle too, and had a bit of brains about her.