Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

22 hours ago, ziggy said:

Did you not put a red parks dog called midge morton over the beddy bitch... sure that was the dogs name ...only wondering how the pups came out as i herd it was some dog.. 

The red bitch i bred from was the daughter of Midge.

23 hours ago, snizle06 said:

Nice dogs morton. Ive only ever seen bedlington lurchers and all have been good fox dogs. Are they good in the rocks 

The terriers in the picture were bred out of some of the most honest rock working terriers ive had the pleasure to own,the dog in the picture was rescued from a quarry after being stuck for a few days and since that time my lad is cautious around rocks,the youngsters i have here will be entered to rock to see how they take to them.Its hard to find decent rock working terriers now and i want mine in them.

Its not hard to get a good rock dog morton..just folk dont now how to bring them up right .... most good digging dogs will find foxs in rock s.. its getting back out once theve been up to them.. i have put good digging dogs in piles only to have them stare down a crack for days on end looking at the fox ..ther not intrested in looking for another way round as they can see or smell him inchs away from them....to get a decent rock dog morton they have to be brought up on rocks...soon as my pups are jabed ther out walking the quarrys with me...i havent had a dog that wouldent work rock... some are better than others ... an some once seen how they work i dont put in piles again ...i keep them  just earths... you want rock dog morton bring them up on them as youngsters... 

• Like 1

I've got a mate up country who only ever works rockpiles nowadays and he always favoured them 30 years back. He was no good on the shovel but was always in the right place with the gun. Lucky Mecky lol

Cheers, D.

18 minutes ago, dytkos said:

I've got a mate up country who only ever works rockpiles nowadays and he always favoured them 30 years back. He was no good on the shovel but was always in the right place with the gun. Lucky Mecky lol

Cheers, D.

Ian was his first name 

5 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Still is lol you know him mate? 

Cheers, D.

One of my closes friends.... he is a gent ..him an my old man are best mates.ther out 3 to 4 days a wk in season..... hasent took a gun out for last 15 years..i converted him to leave it at home an get a lurcher ...

37 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Ian was his first name 

Edited by ziggy