Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

I’ve never seen a good Bedlington or a border for that matter but I’m sure there’s decent ones out there. What I can’t understand why the few intusiasts don’t get together and breed them right and try get a dying breed back up and going again. Lads seem to be softer on this bred breeding from bushers and ratters and trying to charge top dollar instead of trying to get the type back up to top standard 

• Like 2

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shaneg said:

I’ve never seen a good Bedlington or a border for that matter but I’m sure there’s decent ones out there. What I can’t understand why the few intusiasts don’t get together and breed them right and try get a dying breed back up and going again. Lads seem to be softer on this bred breeding from bushers and ratters and trying to charge top dollar instead of trying to get the type back up to top standard 

Because there ego so big they can't see it

Edited by tank34

Shaneg, i tried afew times to help the border along, but some people are not what they appear to be.so i find it best to keep to my self and do my own thing, shame really as i would of liked to have met some keen border lads afew year back, to old now , hopefully the pups that lee had will turn out ok and they may want to carry on with them, 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, dave v mac said:

Shaneg, i tried afew times to help the border along, but some people are not what they appear to be.so i find it best to keep to my self and do my own thing, shame really as i would of liked to have met some keen border lads afew year back, to old now , hopefully the pups that lee had will turn out ok and they may want to carry on with them, 

It’s a pity lads are like that. If a lad has a dog that could better them then they should be trying to use it not putting second best on their bitch because there ego is to big to say they had to use so and sos dog to improve there’s. There’s little or none of them working to a high standard now. If lads won’t help others out they will be nothing only bushers about in a few years 

On 07/06/2018 at 07:40, foxdropper said:

Only useful to a man who seeks to avoid the spade and knows  his dog won't stay anyway. Whatever floats your boat Mort .I would rather one good dig in a day than see foxes flying out of holes all day ,does my head in and allows me to sleep soundly ,knowing both myself and the dog are the real deal lol.

Thankfully not everyone has your low standards in the beddy circle .

You typify everything i find issue with now and what folk accept as standard practice.The standards now began to be diluted with the advent of the ribbon chasers and they bred terriers to suit,the work ethic slipped as the price of the terrier rose.The biggest nail in the coffin was not the Governments ill advised and prejudiced ban but the rise of the Internet and the folk that found a new and captive audience to vent their ego and sell their internet inspired wares.The only reason i keep my fluffy mongrels is because i want to work them the way they were bred to work,i want to enjoy a day in the field that some of the original Beddy owners would recognise and appreciate,i want to walk down the street with my fluffy,s and slip under the radar and most importantly i want to hunt and enjoy the experience.The Bedlingtons i breed,own and graft meet all those requirements and do so fairly well.I will carry on attempting to work the mutts with the same ambition,am amazingly proud my lad as the same sort of standards,will strive to breed Bedlingtons that others may value,many do,then retire in a few years knowing ive done the best i possibly could for a terrier type i rate and hold in high esteem.If all that keeps me at odds with a few then i know im walking the right path.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Call me old fashioned mate but no ridiculous law is going to  restrict  my hunting in any shaped or form.Much like every other lad on here .As for shows I  can count the amount  I've been to on one hand ,4 of them I judged .

In your world terriers might mean cash but I've only ever known one terrier bought  in the circles I mix in ,the thought is alien to be honest and a lad wanting to sell quickly avoided .

You seem to think I'm on at your terriers mate which is far from the case ,whatever pleases you bud ,it's  the comparisons with real work that pisses me off .As for the internet ruining the the game I dont' subscribe to that one ,lads can now get a lining from a better dog than mate down the road  has and peddlers would be peddlers without the net .It has however like you'e stated given a plaform to those with an ego and if I'm in that bracket well I can live with that safe in the knowledge I've done my bit to forward the real deal digging dog .

We all enjoy the days out mate despite our differences and its' good to see the  passion isn't dead .

• Like 4

Not sure I'm following this topic well, bit it seems like the only guy keeping bedlingtons, is being drummed off the topic?

I've never seen a good bedlington. I've never seen a bad bedlington.

Mortan i was talking to an old boy today about a bloke who bred working beddys... i mentioned a bloke on here ..yourself ...who says he decent beddys... he then asked me if you usta  have salukes ..was ther  a red parks dog put over your bedlington 

3 hours ago, shaneg said:

Why 2 locator collars ??

Several places where worked that day,sometimes the bitch was entered and sometimes the dog.Both these terriers are often bushing about and at times they will self enter,thus they both wear collars when in the field.

Edited by morton
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, ziggy said:

Mortan i was talking to an old boy today about a bloke who bred working beddys... i mentioned a bloke on here ..yourself ...who says he decent beddys... he then asked me if you usta  have salukes ..was ther  a red parks dog put over your bedlington 

I used to run Saluki bred lurchers,sick of getting them nicked and ive not owned one in 25 years.I owned a red fell bitch that i lined with my main Beddy dog,as an outcross that served a useful purpose.The breeding of the red bitch is a  bit of a mystery.

6 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

nice type mort the one on the left is the spit of one a mate had late 80s hard to tell but are they both blue and tans?

Both slate blue,covered in red soil.The picyure is not of good quality,i asked my lad to put up a better picture of the terriers at some point that may portray them a little clearer.

• Like 1