Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

Why don't the lads who keep the digging beddys not contribute? I've seen them go with my own eyes, dug an old bitch in a real nasty place few seasons back..... Ground was like bell iron.... 3 of us going like f**k, sharp tooth and grafts just bouncing off it. Dropped her in at around 9 pm and got her out 6 am or there about. Remember 15 or more yr ago there was a load who kept them in my valley and surrounding valleys...... Old boy Lawrence in rudry village had them and everyone went their to line their runners at one time.... Heard plenty of stories growing up from digging men who worked them until the blackdogs were brought down here. Neath and rrhonda valleys always a few about?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Was loads about margam an neath  still in late 90s, an a few still about today but them lads wouldn’t dream a comin in here?

Probably the same lads don??remember when I was a green keeper back in 00,i could hear the muffled sound of a dog baying and others wineing.... Went through to find 3 lads from neath way on an earth..... They had a little beddy to ground and a load more liver coloured dogs tied out on pins.... They shit their pants when I tipped up in the old John deer gator?thinking the game was up..... I told them crack on and jumped on the shovel ?broke through and it had 3 in a stopend?, took them to another place near by but they wouldn't tip a dog in there..... Was late in the afternoon mind to be fair?one lad was called Steve??? back then I didn't have a mobile so didn't get their numbers.... They had a woolly bull lurcher type that was spot on and knew its job..... Golf course is gone now..... Turned it into some sort of activity center and the owners a cnut.... Stopped me lamping and digging there?shame only 5 mins up the road and was crawling with gear. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Be nice to hear from the lads that get out and dig to them fd?

There's a man on here who's been more than open about what he digs and where he digs it with his beddy types,fare to say FD don't go on to him about how shit beddy types are,do you FD?. ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, fireman said:

There's a man on here who's been more than open about what he digs and where he digs it with his beddy types,fare to say FD don't go on to him about how shit beddy types are,do you FD?. ?

Never moaned about shit beddie types mate ,only the man who pretends to own wonder dogs .Iv'e said it to you and I'll say it again, I've got no problem with anyones dogs as long as he who feeds them is clear on what he has and does not mislead others. I don' t have bushing dogs ,nor bolters but respect both when noted as such .I've clearly written I've dug to beddies on a few occasions with no dramas and to a conclusion .

I keep digging dogs ,always have and I know exactly what that entails so when someone writes about a bolter being in some way superior to the real thing it sort of gripes a bit .Combine that with more previous shite written from same  lad and I think he's a dreamer ,trying to fool people on here .

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Never moaned about shit beddie types mate ,only the man who pretends to own wonder dogs .Iv'e said it to you and I'll say it again, I've got no problem with anyones dogs as long as he who feeds them is clear on what he has and does not mislead others. I don' t have bushing dogs ,nor bolters but respect both when noted as such .I've clearly written I've dug to beddies on a few occasions with no dramas and to a conclusion .

I keep digging dogs ,always have and I know exactly what that entails so when someone writes about a bolter being in some way superior to the real thing it sort of gripes a bit .Combine that with more previous shite written from same  lad and I think he's a dreamer ,trying to fool people on here .

And that’s just about the height of it.

• Like 3
On 04/06/2018 at 21:42, foxdropper said:

Or a Beddy fan that still recognises the fact that a bolting terrier is far more useful than a digging terrier,especially in places that cannot be dug.On average how long would you say it takes to dig to a terrier?ill warrant that many a time it will take far longer for a terrier to bolt its fox,season after season,i realise many a fox will bolt as soon as it realises a terriers near etc.,but i feel that i can cover more ground and shift more gear with a bolter rather than a digging terrier and thus find them to be a more superior hunting companion.If that keeps me at odds with some on here i live easily withit.

9 hours ago, morton said:

Or a Beddy fan that still recognises the fact that a bolting terrier is far more useful than a digging terrier,especially in places that cannot be dug.On average how long would you say it takes to dig to a terrier?ill warrant that many a time it will take far longer for a terrier to bolt its fox,season after season,i realise many a fox will bolt as soon as it realises a terriers near etc.,but i feel that i can cover more ground and shift more gear with a bolter rather than a digging terrier and thus find them to be a more superior hunting companion.If that keeps me at odds with some on here i live easily withit.

Only useful to a man who seeks to avoid the spade and knows  his dog won't stay anyway. Whatever floats your boat Mort .I would rather one good dig in a day than see foxes flying out of holes all day ,does my head in and allows me to sleep soundly ,knowing both myself and the dog are the real deal lol.

Thankfully not everyone has your low standards in the beddy circle .

• Like 3

Lads the fact are there are bedlington out there being dug I now alot of lads with bedlingtons  which I mean type and are getting used week in week out for ratting foxing and butt I only know ov a very small handful that are on coupled or boxed up going to a earth iv seen 2 3 4 loose working and checking spots along the way it' not my cup of tea and Il refuse to enter a dog if there's another loose around the place and the truth is in my opinion yes there' bedingtons out there being dug how often and for how long just because you can dig it a handful of times in a season don't make it a digging dog there the wrong shape fore earth' shit coats and big floppy ears that take some stick in the ground for me they make decent dogs for in the rocks a little up on the leg narrow in the chest and the heart to back it up if you got the wright stuff . But for earth work and digging il stuck with Ressells or fell types myself.  

Fox dropper the two lads your on about with bedlingtons are decent i know both of them .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1