Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

12 hours ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

I've got and work beddies my self there no out and put digging dogs no matter what people say mine are as kean and game as mainly used for rats and cover work for foxes . Occasionally a dig but they are no means a digging dog as such and at the end of the day they aren't built right for proper earth work never was there a leggy terrier type  for a allround job dog . Anyone who is trying to breed them just for digging is on drugs . There a. Better suited breeds  out there .  At the end of the day mine have good noses as keane as allround terrier but there coats are soft and and aren't built right for regular digging work . But I like mine for a bit of everything 

Anybody that believes that proper bred Beddy,s are not built right for proper earth work must be wetter behind the ears than a cross eyed cry baby.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

How did you work that out sop .. 9 out of ten Fox earth most bedlingtons couldn't push through and finding one that would have enough drive and go to dig on as such is very rare and y if they are for for purpose below ground do people always use lakey of fell blood improve them ?? Yes some are game and work but are not ideal for proper regular digging unless something else has been crossed .  If they was bred for earth work mainly they would  have such po r jackets and so on natural shape for earth work .  They make good alrounders that's it . No regular hunt or digging terrier many better lines suited out there . 

9 hours ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

How did you work that out sop .. 9 out of ten Fox earth most bedlingtons couldn't push through and finding one that would have enough drive and go to dig on as such is very rare and y if they are for for purpose below ground do people always use lakey of fell blood improve them ?? Yes some are game and work but are not ideal for proper regular digging unless something else has been crossed .  If they was bred for earth work mainly they would  have such po r jackets and so on natural shape for earth work .  They make good alrounders that's it . No regular hunt or digging terrier many better lines suited out there . 

. Like you have said they make great all rounders and that's what I like about them, I don't think they was ever bred to work small pipes but large rock piles on the fells and the border lands,  And as all round vermin dogs. Quite a few are used on brock, Fox, pig in Europe and do well, if folk breed from the best working stock and not just for ££the bedlington would be in a better place. It's not the breeds fault but the breeders. Atvb. 

• Like 5
On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:26, darbo said:

ive never bred myself LM my old dog is going on 12. It was just a general intrest question on the lines in your bedlingtons.

as you must be well aware there no dog causes so much debate than a Bedlington I av no intrest in lines or names as it seems that many out there just want 2 be the new goerge newcombe I just work me dogs and its bedlingtons that suit me , my beddys are hybreds by the way but id never use a hybred beddy to produce a lurcher , as they say everybody to there own ?

13 hours ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

out with a mid wales pack last season there was a  lad  with wat locals fell about laughing at wat they called a poodle ? any way after pulling out the hound that tried digging it self in a russel was entered kept finding but couldn't stick it was removed and a black dog entered same again ,so they said all laughing give the poodle a go ? well the Northumberland poodle found and stuck and turned a few heads ,so if theres anyone on here from a certain mid wales hunt they will surely remember this, and vouch for it ? not all beddys are usless

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

as you must be well aware there no dog causes so much debate than a Bedlington I av no intrest in lines or names as it seems that many out there just want 2 be the new goerge newcombe I just work me dogs and its bedlingtons that suit me , my beddys are hybreds by the way but id never use a hybred beddy to produce a lurcher , as they say everybody to there own ?

i agree the bedlington debates i can remember maybe going back 30 years.i can also agree plenty of people want a name. Some say bedlingtons are a strange breed that attract even stranger owners lol.So much arguing has gone on within the ranks over the years.

• Like 2
On 02/06/2018 at 10:43, Loton Moocher said:

there not my lines , iv not bred in a good while as all you get is a stream of time wasters chancers and all out bullshitter arriveing on your doorstep ? but will having a litter out of my first x beddy/grey but only 2 pups will be kept back one for me and one for the grandson the rest will be delt with the old fashioned way it better than the poor b*****ds being   passed here there and everywhere, or getting into the hands of the inexperienced then rubbished for breeding shite ? yes iv been around the block a few times bud ? 

Lm what you putting your bedy greyhound to? 

21 hours ago, morton said:

Anybody that believes that proper bred Beddy,s are not built right for proper earth work must be wetter behind the ears than a cross eyed cry baby.

Morton could you put up a few pics of your beddys as I can't remember ever seeing a pure beddy and thinking " bet that could stay couple hours" if your on about pure beddys that is and not the outcrossed specimens which to me look just as built for the job as anything else physically

• Like 1
23 hours ago, morton said:

Like I said earlier in the thread Morton i don't believe beddys are  better than purpose bred earth dogs for earth work so I always like to see a good dog work and as yours have in your words have that much earth work you won't believe  and on Oxford educated game to could I witness such a dog to ground and in return i promise to say as much on here 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Morton could you put up a few pics of your beddys as I can't remember ever seeing a pure beddy and thinking " bet that could stay couple hours" if your on about pure beddys that is and not the outcrossed specimens which to me look just as built for the job as anything else physically

Again there is no such animal as a pure Beddy,never was and never will be,there is a type of terrier that conforms to the breed that a few of us recognise as a Bedlington and breed towards,the KC feckwits and a few dross KC kennels have their own outlook on the breed,again a few fecking resolute  diehards don,t recognise these as the type we seek as Bedlingtons.The average digging terrier is rescued far earlier than a couple of hours and it rescues the majority of them from ridicule,a decent bolting terrier will often be at the coal face for far longer than a dug to jukel and i expect mine to stay until they no longer need to and i still don,t do pics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

Like I said earlier in the thread Morton i don't believe beddys are  better than purpose bred earth dogs for earth work so I always like to see a good dog work and as yours have in your words have that much earth work you won't believe  and on Oxford educated game to could I witness such a dog to ground and in return i promise to say as much on here 

The folk that have seen my mutts in the dirt possibly don,t come on here,some do.As ive been accustomed to mentioning on a few Bedddy threads,i don,t do company,ive little interest in seeking the solace of anybody that may vouch for what i know and i don,t give a flying feck if the feckwits and nuggets on here want to give me a blowjob because of my superior Bedlingtons,the folk that really matter allready know.I keep banging the Beddy timpani and that keeps me at odds with a few on here and irks a few Beddy owners,the facts are i like Bedlingtons more than most and reserve the right to defend them even if it keeps me at odds with the feckwits and knowfeckalls.I openly state on this site that i own,my lad as is input,honest working Bedlingtons that have several generations of my grafters behind their lineage,they will push cover as well as any mutt,they will enter and work fox as well as any terrier.Are they the best?,certainly not,am i an expert on them and earth work?,far from,do i exaggerate what my Bedlingtons are capable of?NO.Would i give a line to my worst critic in my ambition to further the Beddy cause?,without hesitation and if in a few years time the name Owen is not on many an honest lads pedigree thats part and parcel of the decline in what i seek as the Bedlington.

10 hours ago, morton said:

Again there is no such animal as a pure Beddy,never was and never will be,there is a type of terrier that conforms to the breed that a few of us recognise as a Bedlington and breed towards,the KC feckwits and a few dross KC kennels have their own outlook on the breed,again a few fecking resolute  diehards don,t recognise these as the type we seek as Bedlingtons.The average digging terrier is rescued far earlier than a couple of hours and it rescues the majority of them from ridicule,a decent bolting terrier will often be at the coal face for far longer than a dug to jukel and i expect mine to stay until they no longer need to and i still don,t do pics.

The average digging terrier is rescued far earlier than a couple of hours and it rescues them from ridicule !!!!!!!.

So you are saying your Beddies will stay far longer than most digging dogs ,a fact I would pay good money to see .You are wrapped up in yourself ,Mort ,to the point you don't know fact from fiction .Your bolting dogs are the very dross you speak of .Fact of the matter is your no  terrierman at all ,every lad I know loves the spade work as much as the outcome .Digging to a dog puts the dog under far more pressure than just chasing foxy round a hole .

• Like 3
15 hours ago, morton said:

The folk that have seen my mutts in the dirt possibly don,t come on here,some do.As ive been accustomed to mentioning on a few Bedddy threads,i don,t do company,ive little interest in seeking the solace of anybody that may vouch for what i know and i don,t give a flying feck if the feckwits and nuggets on here want to give me a blowjob because of my superior Bedlingtons,the folk that really matter allready know.I keep banging the Beddy timpani and that keeps me at odds with a few on here and irks a few Beddy owners,the facts are i like Bedlingtons more than most and reserve the right to defend them even if it keeps me at odds with the feckwits and knowfeckalls.I openly state on this site that i own,my lad as is input,honest working Bedlingtons that have several generations of my grafters behind their lineage,they will push cover as well as any mutt,they will enter and work fox as well as any terrier.Are they the best?,certainly not,am i an expert on them and earth work?,far from,do i exaggerate what my Bedlingtons are capable of?NO.Would i give a line to my worst critic in my ambition to further the Beddy cause?,without hesitation and if in a few years time the name Owen is not on many an honest lads pedigree thats part and parcel of the decline in what i seek as the Bedlington.

Jesus H christ! I know you don't like some of the lads on here, especially me ☺, which I'm more than comfortable with, but by f**k, you don't half spout some shite! You don't big your dogs up, or consider yourself an expert?!

You own and breed the best bedlingtons in this country, you are keen on telling people on this site regularly enough. And no-one has your knowledge of bedlingtons, again, you keep telling people on this site regularly enough.

Ffs change the tune. We don't all have to like each other on here, but please, stop making out you're the bedlington messiah.

Oh yeah, just to clarify, giving you a blowjob would be the very last thing on my mind, even if you offered me 10 solid gold bedlingtons ?

• Haha 2