Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Shaaark there’s outcrosses and then there’s outcrosses but when you have to go to a fell to get what your after because ye can’t get it in the beddys it kind of says it all really. 

For what reason do you think George Newcombe (rillington prefix) went for an outcross and not a pure bedlington?.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

It was because he had exhausted his own blood lines and he couldn’t find another bedlington strain that he liked , it was not because they weren’t game enough far from it he just needed new blood. He first went to KC Lakeland’s which we’re almost as difficult to get the right type dog as bedlingtons, I’ve seen some of George’s Lakeland crosses which good workers but I wouldn’t say digging dogs, he then went to border blood, I’ve owned a bedlington with 1/16 border who was a good worker but not a digging dog.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Shaaark there’s outcrosses and then there’s outcrosses but when you have to go to a fell to get what your after because ye can’t get it in the beddys it kind of says it all really. 

I get what you're saying mate. But surely if you outcross to a type that shares your dogs original lineage, then it aint 'really' outcrossing, more breeding some of the original blood back into your lines? 

And by the way, just to clarify things, I am in no way a bedlington expert or whatever, but have a couple of mates that are, compared to me, and these days wouldn't touch a kc beddy with a bargepole ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Sounds to me like a few folks have been trying to polish a turd. Jmho. 

You can’t knock a man for trying, Some men do there own thing they don’t follow the latest trend in dogs or men with big mouths and egos to match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Str said:

Yes all clear foxdropper,it’s tricky to know if someone is a phoney or not on a forum and unless you meet them in person you will never know,I’ve not been on this forum long And for me the biggest thing that spoils it is the falling out which is kicked off with silly b*****ds making outlandish claims fallowed up by all the name calling, it’s hard to ignore silly claims but it’s also silly to carry it on page after page after page.lets not forget we’re all on the same side.atb

Str like you have said, no need for all the abuse towards each other,  we all work are dogs differently but we must remember that's what we all have in common no matter what we work them on. Atb. 

13 hours ago, Str said:

For what reason do you think George Newcombe (rillington prefix) went for an outcross and not a pure bedlington?.

George newcombe wasn't the only one with a line of working bedlingtons though, gutchcommon dogs and Margaret didn't see need to out x, atb 

I've got and work beddies my self there no out and put digging dogs no matter what people say mine are as kean and game as mainly used for rats and cover work for foxes . Occasionally a dig but they are no means a digging dog as such and at the end of the day they aren't built right for proper earth work never was there a leggy terrier type  for a allround job dog . Anyone who is trying to breed them just for digging is on drugs . There a. Better suited breeds  out there .  At the end of the day mine have good noses as keane as allround terrier but there coats are soft and and aren't built right for regular digging work . But I like mine for a bit of everything 

• Like 6
On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:50, darbo said:

What lines are the beddys if you dont mind me asking?

there not my lines , iv not bred in a good while as all you get is a stream of time wasters chancers and all out bullshitter arriveing on your doorstep ? but will having a litter out of my first x beddy/grey but only 2 pups will be kept back one for me and one for the grandson the rest will be delt with the old fashioned way it better than the poor b*****ds being   passed here there and everywhere, or getting into the hands of the inexperienced then rubbished for breeding shite ? yes iv been around the block a few times bud ? 

4 hours ago, Jerry71 said:

George newcombe wasn't the only one with a line of working bedlingtons though, gutchcommon dogs and Margaret didn't see need to out x, atb 

George has used Margaret’s dogs in the past, I’ve used a gutchcommon dog on one of my rillington bred dogs,There were only 2 dog pups which went to lads I know locally,one showed little interest in hunting the other showed more interest but wasn’t as keen as my Rillington bred dogs,he had a decent coat & was a nice workmanlike shape,he’s the dog on the vic Granger prints you could buy 15-20 years ago.george didn’t go down the outcross route just for the sake of an outcross, he ran out of suitable dogs to breed from.the only thing you loose with a well thought out outcross is your KC papers!! I know this is a step too far for some £££.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Str said:

George has used Margaret’s dogs in the past, I’ve used a gutchcommon dog on one of my rillington bred dogs,There were only 2 dog pups which went to lads I know locally,one showed little interest in hunting the other showed more interest but wasn’t as keen as my Rillington bred dogs,he had a decent coat & was a nice workmanlike shape,he’s the dog on the vic Granger prints you could buy 15-20 years ago.george didn’t go down the outcross route just for the sake of an outcross, he ran out of suitable dogs to breed from.the only thing you loose with a well thought out outcross is your KC papers!! I know this is a step too far for some £££.

I forgot to say the lad with the bedlington on vic granger print also had a fell terrier bred by John parks which was a horrible little b*****d it would kill frogs eat spiders hunt & kill anything,it was a pain in the arse with other dogs but as a beating dog it was very good,it caught hares,rabbits,pheasants most shoot days,it once caught a fox in my mates garden both locked on to each other,the bedlington joined in but not with the same vigour,the fell was a great hunting dog but my mate much preferred the bedlington.