Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

Does anyone on here know of a Bedlington stud dog for my bitch, the stud dog doesn't have to be an earth dog happy with a good bushing, ratting dog.

Yorkshire area preferred.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, ADAM C said:

Does anyone on here know of a Bedlington stud dog for my bitch, the stud dog doesn't have to be an earth dog happy with a good bushing, ratting dog.

Thanks in advance.

The main reason for the decline in the Bedlington is folk wanting to line terriers fit only for rodent work.A Bedlington that is not an earth dog is not fit to be a stud dog.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Maybe the lad only wants a busher.

On 09/05/2018 at 19:16, morton said:

The main reason for the decline in the Bedlington is folk wanting to line terriers fit only for rodent work.A Bedlington that is not an earth dog is not fit to be a stud dog.

Waffle morton, the reason for the decline has nothing to do with lads breeding ratters and everything to do with them being second rate compared to the black dogs. A lot of people don’t like to hear that but it’s the truth. Why did they fall out of favour? Why isn’t there a load of yards with working beddys? 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Maybe the lad only wants a busher.

Waffle morton, the reason for the decline has nothing to do with lads breeding ratters and everything to do with them being second rate compared to the black dogs. A lot of people don’t like to hear that but it’s the truth. Why did they fall out of favour? Why isn’t there a load of yards with working beddys? 

Ive owned black terriers and its certainly a fact of life now that the majority of black terriers are a far more reliable option than the majority of Beddys about now.If you fail to comprehend the reasoning between poor breeding practice and a decline in working function,in any terrier,then ill leave you to your black terrier Nirvana.The reason i won,t own another black terrier is mainly because they are not the terrier they once where,again poor kennel management and the pursuit of the dollar,plus the Beddy mongrels have proven themselves to better suit my hunting lifestyle.

1 hour ago, morton said:

Ive owned black terriers and its certainly a fact of life now that the majority of black terriers are a far more reliable option than the majority of Beddys about now.If you fail to comprehend the reasoning between poor breeding practice and a decline in working function,in any terrier,then ill leave you to your black terrier Nirvana.The reason i won,t own another black terrier is mainly because they are not the terrier they once where,again poor kennel management and the pursuit of the dollar,plus the Beddy mongrels have proven themselves to better suit my hunting lifestyle.

Poor breeding practice is only undertaken by poor terriermen morton which says a lot about why the beddy is in the state it is, why do good lads still not have a yard full of digging beddys? Were they ever that good in the first place? 

11 hours ago, morton said:

Lol reason you wont' own a black dog is because that means digging which I'm sure aint your forte .You talk some shite when it comes to terriers mate but still, it keeps another messer away from the black dogs .You keep on with the poodles and leave the real stuff alone .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
10 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Lol reason you wont' own a black dog is because that means digging which I'm sure aint your forte .You talk some shite when it comes to terriers mate but still, it keeps another messer away from the black dogs .You keep on with the poodles and leave the real stuff alone .

If you are an example of a real terrierman im glad im not of your ilk and ill stick with my fluffy,s.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, morton said:

If you are an example of a real terrierman im glad im not of your ilk and ill stick with my fluffy,s.

No worries Mort .Whatever you class as a real terrierman ,I want no part of .Digging is my thing not prancing about with maybes and definitely nots .

• Like 1
On 09/05/2018 at 18:13, ADAM C said:

Thanks in advance.

I don’t suppose there’s any chance of anyone helping out and answering the lads question! . Another genuine thread gone t*ts up☹️

• Like 9

Credit to the lad who started the thread for being honest. Seems like he's using terriers for ratting and rabbiting and looking for a stud dog with nose, drive and a healthy constitution. Not making do with one of the many show/pet Bedlingtons available at public stud on the pets4homes type sites that are a sorry excuse for a terrier. Any work is better than no work.

• Like 9

At the end of the day digging is now illegal and around me there are far too many black and white setts, so dont want to drop on something i met get my collar felt and get into some series sh*t.There are people watching these places all the time just not worth it any more for me......hence ratting and bushing for my whippets its the sport i enjoy and the dogs love it.

Well anyway im sorted now for a stud dog.......carry on bitching at each other.

Thanks Adam.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1