• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tried the bike but can'tsee how how riding a quad can help .Do I have to push it .

Does anyone else train their liver with massive amounts of alcohol? Not to failure of course! Just many reps to build stamina?

Fcuking he'll mate the way you were going on I thought you were about 83! At 33 your still wet behind the ears. Follow Birds example he's 65 but you'll never hear him complaining.....

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ArchieHood said:

Haven't got the time!! ......You managed to find the time to get in that state.It takes approximately 58,070 steps to climb Mt Everest,  get up and down your stairs .

I'd like to address I'm not in a mess or anything close to that, i just want to be ripped to the sausage and fit as fcuk. ?

57 minutes ago, mackem said:

I do maybe 5 miles 3 times a week,i thought I was fairly fit,couple of weeks ago I was running up and down a runway in 38 degrees heat carrying a 32 kg machine on my back and with the drag of a 28 Msq parachute,my lungs were screaming,i realised then I really do need to get fit.

You don't need to get fit you just need to stop " running up and down a runway in 38 degrees heat carrying a 32 kg machine on my back and with the drag of a 28 msq parachute" you fcuking maniac! ??

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Fitness for me is a love hate thing 

for mr it’s essential , I need to run to do my job but I hate it . 

Ive clocked some decent times over half’s, 10 ks and the like, 

at my best I was doing 20hrs of cardio a week . 

Long runs build muscle memory and your body accustoms to the stride and rhythm 

fartlek will benefit your heart

sprints may cause you embarrassment 

get out and enjoy it 

eat what you can and burn it off in anger 

two books worth buying are warrior cardio and how to be a supple leopard.....

well worth the tattie 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, bird said:

lol   true,   now bit of info  for all you  just starting out,  try and run on grass , or proper running tracks . When i was young sprog  32, i did lot of running and lifting weights , i run  5-6 mile most  nights, and 15 mile on Sunday. the one Sunday  feeling great ran 20 mile in 2 hours , so doing good times and benching 260 lb  , good weight for 13 st bloke.  Now all the running on the roads back then  left me with worn cartilage in my right knee .ive spoke to people my age now  who got no knee probs, and most said they do most running   on grass   cross country  type running  football pitches  etc . ok my knee  might have worn anyway  with all my running  , but it deff worth  thinking about  running  grass and not tarmac  .??

The running track used to be my playground in the days gone by, trouble is a thought I'd be that fit forever doing no training barring hard graft at work. 

1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

Cutting carbs out is easier said than done though, it was alright for the likes of Arnie because they were jabbing their arses with needles. ?

As chris says if you want it bad enough lol

Arnie an all might have jabbed but not his mentor, vince gironda, all natural 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

I can graft with the best of them but doing hard exercise is a different ball game, I've always been in decent shape but haven't done any real running in years. I've just done a run with a kid who plays rugby and he was blowing out of his arse. We were going at a good pace for around 20 mins, i still try and run like i used to that's the problem.

What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking? I'm a groundworker/pipe layer, nearly 40,I eat a cooked breakfast everyday... Have done since starting work 20 odd yrs ago, I smoke don't really drink, dig my terriers  work my lurchers walk the banks fishing , only real exercise I do these days is swimming lessons with the kids lol,before kids I used to do moto x, paddle playboats and long distance fell/hill running, rugby and football.. I can't get over 12 stone all my life.... Fucks me off, tried all the weight gains, protein eating healthy.... Everything short of roids lol.... I'm built like mo farar?- there's always plenty of advice about losing weight.... Well what about us skinny fuckers that yearn  to get fat!!!???? ? Count yourself lucky there's a whole network out there to get you on the right road ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

The running track used to be my playground in the days gone by, trouble is a thought I'd be that fit forever doing no training barring hard graft at work. 

sounds like you need to manage your expectations better

Im 45 an just started out jogging the last fortnight, combined with skipping bag work, bit of bike & press ups (at the moment), quite enjoying it. Im 100kg but look skinny at 90, so aiming for approx 94. But shape and lungs are more important. Low carbing as I always tend to but a few beers is my weakness.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

I'm 33 pal, sprints are better for weight loss I've read but i don't want to overdo it to start with because shin splints are a b*****d. I'll be fine with the running just having a moan.

f***ing 33 you shouldn't be out of shape in the first place ??

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

f***ing 33 you shouldn't be out of shape in the first place ??

You can look the part and still be out of shape, i still look like i work out tbh but my running fitness is poor atm.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking? I'm a groundworker/pipe layer, nearly 40,I eat a cooked breakfast everyday... Have done since starting work 20 odd yrs ago, I smoke don't really drink, dig my terriers  work my lurchers walk the banks fishing , only real exercise I do these days is swimming lessons with the kids lol,before kids I used to do moto x, paddle playboats and long distance fell/hill running, rugby and football.. I can't get over 12 stone all my life.... Fucks me off, tried all the weight gains, protein eating healthy.... Everything short of roids lol.... I'm built like mo farar?- there's always plenty of advice about losing weight.... Well what about us skinny fuckers that yearn  to get fat!!!???? ? Count yourself lucky there's a whole network out there to get you on the right road ???

That"'ll change when you hit 40 mate.Ive always done the same work as you.walked the dogs twice daily on top of working them.Ate like a f***ing pig and never put on a Lb always had a 30"waist and a 6pack.Then I hit 40 and put on a stone and a half mostly around the middle.Im now 13stone but had a medical the other week and my blood pressure was perfect as was my cholesterol.

I walk every where and enjoy it. See c**ts jumping in cars to literally drive round the corner to the shop 

Whenever I put on a few extra pounds normally winter time. 

Just cut down on the sweets. Never change my diet I just stick to 3meals a day regardless if it's pie beans or chips or sausage mince or stew  just stick to the 3meals and do a bit exercise you will lose weight.

No need to run miles or become a gym bunny.

Unless of course you want that Adonis body that seems to be the latest trend. Mostly by the gay fraternity lol

• Like 3