3 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

That would do nothing, I'm grafting at work but can't seem to shift any more weight. I'm not obese or anything but can see the gut getting a little out of control for comfort.

Walking is a lot more effective at shedding weight and getting fit than you would think. 

Good long walks, get a decent ruck sack and boots and do some really good walks. Long term it's better for your body than running etc. 

In your thirties you need to watch what your eating because that's when it starts to catch you up. Just keep making small sustainable changes, big efforts will only ever be short term. Reduce or cut sugar in you food/brews....reduce bread intake....dont drink beer for the sake of it, go for quality over quantity. Eat a good breakfast like porridge etc. 

Small changes long term 

• Like 6

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tried the bike but can'tsee how how riding a quad can help .Do I have to push it .

Does anyone else train their liver with massive amounts of alcohol? Not to failure of course! Just many reps to build stamina?

Fcuking he'll mate the way you were going on I thought you were about 83! At 33 your still wet behind the ears. Follow Birds example he's 65 but you'll never hear him complaining.....

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Try swimming and the bike.... 

Or a nice cup of man the f**k up ? 33 yr old and moaning..... I work with lads in their 20's early 30's they all gym freaks before and after work..... Not a f***ing days work in the cnuts unless its fast Friday and they've had a line ?my one mate and his Mrs are into that insanity work out etc done it 5 times apparently..... Bangs on about eating this and that, this shits bad for you lol, yet he gets a big belly and got to keep training to keep it at bay.... I don't see the point in needing to exercise if you work a physical sort of job and have some self control :thumbs:

I had to laugh at that comment..... we got them at my place, late 20’s give it all the ‘billy big bollox’ what they can lift at the gym and all that sh*te, protein shakes all night YET soon as a flight comes in and there bags to be lifted they all seem to need a toilet break at the same time!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, whiteracer said:

I had to laugh at that comment..... we got them at my place, late 20’s give it all the ‘billy big bollox’ what they can lift at the gym and all that sh*te, protein shakes all night YET soon as a flight comes in and there bags to be lifted they all seem to need a toilet break at the same time!!

Updating profile more than likely ?everytime they stop..... The phone comes out lol.... Catalogue boys we call them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I've just done a run with a kid who plays rugby and he was blowing out of his arse.

Me too as I'm sat here reading it. In between chest pains that is. Eclair anyone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, Francie said:

Kerny sack the long running f**k you up, get skipping ropes an go for it, easy peasy, an also h.i.i.t sprints an stuff, mix it up with pulls up squats, do it on grass, an eat plenty of good fats an proyein, restrict carbs, cut them out alltogether if you can.

Old gnash could set you straight, check out vince gironda, arnie an all the rest of bodybuilders went to him.

He was all natural an eat steak an eggs everyday thats it, check him him hes the father of bodybuilding, wise man.

I'm planning on doing the sprints soon but I've had shin splints before so jumping straight into them is a bad idea. A few week of jogging should strengthen my legs and then i can start with the sprints. They are much more effective for fat loss and helps that they are shorter too.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Walking is a lot more effective at shedding weight and getting fit than you would think. 

Good long walks, get a decent ruck sack and boots and do some really good walks. Long term it's better for your body than running etc. 

In your thirties you need to watch what your eating because that's when it starts to catch you up. Just keep making small sustainable changes, big efforts will only ever be short term. Reduce or cut sugar in you food/brews....reduce bread intake....dont drink beer for the sake of it, go for quality over quantity. Eat a good breakfast like porridge etc. 

Small changes long term 

Tbh haven't really got the time to put the miles in walking, like i said my metabolism must have slowed down a hell of a lot this last couple of years as i bang the weight on easier and find it harder to shift it. 

1 minute ago, Kerny92 said:

Tbh haven't really got the time to put the miles in walking, like i said my metabolism must have slowed down a hell of a lot this last couple of years as i bang the weight on easier and find it harder to shift it. 

Look at what your eating, cut out carbs, eat a minimum of carbs an eat plenty of fats an protein, carbs just turn to sugar.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Francie said:

Look at what your eating, cut out carbs, eat a minimum of carbs an eat plenty of fats an protein, carbs just turn to sugar.

Cutting carbs out is easier said than done though, it was alright for the likes of Arnie because they were jabbing their arses with needles. ?

1 minute ago, Kerny92 said:

Cutting carbs out is easier said than done though, it was alright for the likes of Arnie because they were jabbing their arses with needles. ?

Depends how badly you want it. You'll either find a way or an excuse. Either way, you're right.

31 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Apart from the bad back? ?

lol   true,   now bit of info  for all you  just starting out,  try and run on grass , or proper running tracks . When i was young sprog  32, i did lot of running and lifting weights , i run  5-6 mile most  nights, and 15 mile on Sunday. the one Sunday  feeling great ran 20 mile in 2 hours , so doing good times and benching 260 lb  , good weight for 13 st bloke.  Now all the running on the roads back then  left me with worn cartilage in my right knee .ive spoke to people my age now  who got no knee probs, and most said they do most running   on grass   cross country  type running  football pitches  etc . ok my knee  might have worn anyway  with all my running  , but it deff worth  thinking about  running  grass and not tarmac  .??

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

you have been on this thread for 2 hours .that's a 2 hour walk you could of had ,cant find the time my arse 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3