with the airgun section being pretty quiet at the moment ive been looking in the general chat bit quite a bit,

theres a lad called greenlurchers who posts his cooking exploits.... feck can he cook?

so today I set my mission to shoot tea and make something nice!

it didn't exactly go to plan but I shot tea and had a nice chilled day. 

had a zero session as ive changed to super domes in the 97 they seem the best ive tried so far in it!

what I wanted today was a couple of rabbits but with it being quite breezy it seems to knock the rabbits of round my perms

according to my phone ive walked 4.7km worth of hedge lines and only saw one that I full missed ?

so I sat in a rookery for an hour or so and got rid of a few branchers not many out of the nests yet round hear and the mums and dads were reluctant to land/come back in.. so I dug myself in the thicket and whacked the randoms. 

sofullsizeoutput_328.thumb.jpeg.c219e8ace38f18c731d09d072ff9c45b.jpegFEB3A412-D82B-4FBC-AA25-E118DB7E66F4.thumb.jpg.30f3339ac1a535049f21f140313eecf3.jpg

I dropped a couple of woodys walking the fields but typically they flew and dropped the other side of a bloody beck!

I decided to call in at another perm on the way home as the bag was still empty..  

this was the shot of the day and the plate filler 59yrd leaning on a bale instant check out? the domes certainly do the trick. 

1783122877_udFxj0pQmOxUZkJhfiMtA.thumb.jpg.250fb6d096f9c839519fa573e376d498.jpg

• Like 7

this is where it dropped ... like a rock!

1453588295_S8e9dXLShiFbItiihA1g.thumb.jpg.5046b5fb8ca2e6d531c40c32efa5b0aa.jpg

had a walk round the fields but nothing showing so I called it a day.  

the final result 

pigeon and steak pitta salad. 

1088987081_7kmHPnAUTUuG9s89NrFDw.thumb.jpg.8aeea2e85641fc1596ecc539b34f6b2b.jpg798111985_e6hmCSTC2vAfUAeYpHgA.thumb.jpg.5b1867d11b66f150c72c579af6e658fd.jpg

not quite the rabbit kebabs I was planning on but still nice and tasty :)

cheers si

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Im just getting my gear ready now si

got my kit on and sorting the rifle as we speak

ERRRR lay off my fav perm there you twat (last pic bails)

its mine not yours lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

have a good one jimmy, its a great day for it?

atb si

• Like 1

That sounds like a cracking day mate :yes:

........ I was at work, seeing the sunshine out the window.

You can't beat a nice bit of grub that you've got yourself, with a nice cold cider - especially on a day like this :good:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

Bit like braised steak,  I new a chef who said he could sell it like no tommorow if you didn't tell em what it was.......

suppose I could test drive it on our lass... ill have pigeon and give her the crow:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice pic and food looks very tasty 

Just got back from the other side of Taunton 4 hour round trip just to go shooting I must be mad but still a good day out . 

In one small corner of one of the field ( about 100 by 100 yards )  I counted 87 rabbits , this permission is mega for rabbits any time of the day and even in the heat we had  today.

All together about 800  acres  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, villaman said:

Nice pic and food looks very tasty 

Just got back from the other side of Taunton 4 hour round trip just to go shooting I must be mad but still a good day out . 

In one small corner of one of the field ( about 100 by 100 yards )  I counted 87 rabbits , this permission is mega for rabbits any time of the day and even in the heat we had  today.

All together about 800  acres  

cheers Mitch 

thats some dedication putting in that milage but if the numbers are that high I can see why you do it?

did you take the impact with you?!

• Like 1

cheers bn?

it was a nice day to be out.. bit breezy but I didn't mind cos it was scorchio!

might have another go today after ive sorted the front garden out, it looks like a jungle and mrs snide a couple of doors away is giving me death stares:laugh:

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, si brown said:

cheers Mitch 

thats some dedication putting in that milage but if the numbers are that high I can see why you do it?

did you take the impact with you?!

Yes I did Si but finding it hard in the field with it at the moment with the fac impact ,I am good with it in my range but get it out in the field different matter .

its not the gun but me , get the sub 12 out all is perfect 

17 minutes ago, villaman said:

Yes I did Si but finding it hard in the field with it at the moment with the fac impact ,I am good with it in my range but get it out in the field different matter .

its not the gun but me , get the sub 12 out all is perfect 

think it'll be a learning curve for a while, ive known sub 12 lads struggle when they've gone over to fac but rimfire lads not so much!

theres a massive difference between your .177 express and monster .25's pretty sure you'll get on top of it before long!

• Like 1