Cut it all as close to the floor as you can and next week just pull all the brown stuff off, I,ve realised I don't bounce as well as I used to so tend to take a few less risks, showed it before but this was a fall from a tree mate, cost me a week in hospital and another week off work, much cheaper to buy some decent steps or rent an ally tower ??

image.jpg

• Sad 1
25 minutes ago, John d said:

Horrible stuff! As said cut it at the bottom and wait till it dies off

I only want the top off  the rest is hold in the wall up lol 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, John d said:

I went to quote a tree job up the other night and the guy had been using a ladder to lean against the same branch he was trying to cut!! Luckily for him his chainsaw was blunt as fck and wouldnt cut or he would of hurt himself really bad they way it was all set up! His wife had rang me cause she knew it would go wrong and i tried explaining to him why and how it was wrong to do what he was doing but he was laughing at me and saying "I'd of been fine, I've done it before" and I really wanted to pass him my 020t, say "go on then, show me" and film the resulting fail but the professional in me just nodded and gave the price lol 

Sometimes in life you have to weigh things up and with tree/ivy work at any height you have to think is it better to lose the money it costs now to get someone kitted out to do it or lose it in lost wages for time off work for injuring yourself fcking about on a plank tied to wheely bins lol 

Yes if it goes right you look like a DIY legend down the pub but if goes wrong you look like a DIY tool in A&E lol

Chill out it worked a treat lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, John d said:

I went to quote a tree job up the other night and the guy had been using a ladder to lean against the same branch he was trying to cut!! Luckily for him his chainsaw was blunt as fck and wouldnt cut or he would of hurt himself really bad they way it was all set up! His wife had rang me cause she knew it would go wrong and i tried explaining to him why and how it was wrong to do what he was doing but he was laughing at me and saying "I'd of been fine, I've done it before" and I really wanted to pass him my 020t, say "go on then, show me" and film the resulting fail but the professional in me just nodded and gave the price lol 

Sometimes in life you have to weigh things up and with tree/ivy work at any height you have to think is it better to lose the money it costs now to get someone kitted out to do it or lose it in lost wages for time off work for injuring yourself fcking about on a plank tied to wheely bins lol 

Yes if it goes right you look like a DIY legend down the pub but if goes wrong you look like a DIY tool in A&E lol

There was an old fella some years back doing some chainsaw work in his garden the wife was footing the steps for him, but as he fell off he took the head off her on the way down, I do own chainsaws but only cut up fallen trees for the fire,never off the ground, they don't give you the opportunity to learn from your mistakes 

• Like 1

I've stood on worse Kanny :yes:

To be fair, it looks pretty stable. 

....... Stay on the balls of your feet, knees slightly bent and, if you end up going over, throw the trimmer well away from you'll land.

Good luck :thumbs:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Fannys 

Mate, I think that looks absolutely textbook and demands no less than the use of a chain saw!

Im a fan !.......well done old chap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, WILF said:

Mate, I think that looks absolutely textbook and demands no less than the use of a chain saw!

Im a fan !.......well done old chap.

I ain't going on that with the chainsaw mate not till I've had some Dutch courage  anyway .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4