Protection Dogs ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good protection dogs them Chihuahuas I got my daughter one then that got a protection dog lol

I know a lot of trainers in the security/protection dog industry and the money that gets charged for some right old shit is unbelievable.There seems to be more bullshitters and f***ing idiots in that

Exactly right.Everyone likes the idea of having a dog that can do what you see the Mali's doing in the YouTube clips but the truth of the matter is 99% of people wouldnt have the time or the knowledge

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

Outside of police / prisons, how does it work using malinois type protection trained dogs to guard a home or business in the UK? Outside of the deterrent effect of a barking dog that alerts it's handler to someone in the  yard or garden, what can they do? Surely if the dog were to hold a trespasser like in those bite suit videos, the owner would be wide open to a prosecution under UK law.

I'm not an expert, but even having "beware of the dog" signs is risky, as it is assumed you know your dog may pose a threat and you may then be liable if it bites someone. If your dog was to bite an intruder, it would be best to say, "he's usually so soppy, I never expected him to do that". With the laws now you are responsible for the dog and it's behaviour even in a private area. So someone trespassing that gets bitten, could try to sue, then it's down to the courts.

As far as trained attack dogs go, there's a Guard Dog Act 1975, where the dog must be under the control of a handler at all times, and signs put up at entrances etc.

What with this and the DDA the laws(as usual) seem muddled and not kept up with changing times. I don't know how it would be seen in law if someone set their attack trained

mali on someone and they weren't police / armed forces. I suppose it won't be too long until we find out! And what sort of liability will these firms supplying the dogs be under? 

• Like 1

Mine comes ferreting, and does a bit of bushing, but it’s nothing like a dedicated dog for the job, he’s also very hard mouthed so you wouldn’t be doing much with anything he catches.

Its not really the physical stuff they crave, it’s more mental stimulation, the easiest way to wear him out is take him for a drive, window down,  50mph, he goes into mental overdrive checking everything going past, an hour like that and he sleeps like a baby for the next 3hrs !

I do physical stuff with mine as I want him strong and fit, his primary role is guarding the place, no one gets in unannounced, and anyone creeping round at night would be a very foolish person indeed.

They are not so different to collies, not enough stimulation and they go nuts, collies chase their own tails and shadows, Mali’s bark and destroy stuff

• Like 2
19 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I stand by what I said , take control of your skin and throw that f***ing thing around , 

its a f***ing dog , not the league of shadows ! 

i got attacked by a rhodesian ridgeback ,trust me you would not have been throwing that around

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Rabid said:

Mine comes ferreting, and does a bit of bushing, but it’s nothing like a dedicated dog for the job, he’s also very hard mouthed so you wouldn’t be doing much with anything he catches.

Its not really the physical stuff they crave, it’s more mental stimulation, the easiest way to wear him out is take him for a drive, window down,  50mph, he goes into mental overdrive checking everything going past, an hour like that and he sleeps like a baby for the next 3hrs !

I do physical stuff with mine as I want him strong and fit, his primary role is guarding the place, no one gets in unannounced, and anyone creeping round at night would be a very foolish person indeed.

They are not so different to collies, not enough stimulation and they go nuts, collies chase their own tails and shadows, Mali’s bark and destroy stuff

I couldn’t be bothered with that 

sounds fun! 

1 hour ago, greg64 said:

i got attacked by a rhodesian ridgeback ,trust me you would not have been throwing that around

Ffs like 

just kick f**k out of it and be done with it .

its a f***ing dog!! I can’t stress those enough that if you can’t master the average family pet, there’s something wrong with your abilities as a man imho 

• Haha 2
58 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Ffs like 

its a f***ing dog!! I can’t stress those enough that if you can’t master the average family pet, there’s something wrong with your abilities as a man imho 

lol this was no average family pet ffs ,

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Ffs like 

Bet you wouldn't go offline with a Mali.

• Haha 1

Lol four occasions 

a Doberman 

two rotties

A bull type in my living room 

abd a husky worried my lab I’m the back garden and I threw the c**t against the shed until it was f****d 

its not hard , your a f***ing human being ffs 

• Haha 3
16 hours ago, robertb123 said:

I'm not an expert, but even having "beware of the dog" signs is risky, as it is assumed you know your dog may pose a threat and you may then be liable if it bites someone. If your dog was to bite an intruder, it would be best to say, "he's usually so soppy, I never expected him to do that". With the laws now you are responsible for the dog and it's behaviour even in a private area. So someone trespassing that gets bitten, could try to sue, then it's down to the courts.

As far as trained attack dogs go, there's a Guard Dog Act 1975, where the dog must be under the control of a handler at all times, and signs put up at entrances etc.

What with this and the DDA the laws(as usual) seem muddled and not kept up with changing times. I don't know how it would be seen in law if someone set their attack trained

mali on someone and they weren't police / armed forces. I suppose it won't be too long until we find out! And what sort of liability will these firms supplying the dogs be under? 

About 11 years ago I was taken to court, two blokes climbed over my gate, 6 foot high metal,, that was padlocked, had a sign on it saying beware of the dogs.

luckily, only one dog was out at the time, but she nailed one of them pretty good, anyways, long story short came home to a police notice on the gate, contacted them, invited for an interview which I duly done, was threatened with charges for keeping a dangerous dog unless I had it destroyed in which case it would all go away, I point blank refused.

Had numerous council officers round, dog warden etc etc, it was all agreed the dog was fine with people in general, but dangerous when guarding, I got charged and it went to court, the dog warden actually gave evidence for me not the prosecution,  the magistrate laughed at the victim in court, told him if he was intent on climbing over a 6foot high locked gate he deserved all he got.

It was dismissed from court, but the judge gave me some advice, he said, when you get home, take that bloody sign off the gate as your admitting you know your dogs will attack, and give the dog a pat on the back !! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1