My 13 yr old nephew`s very first shoot.

He`s just  13 yrs old and a medium build, the closest and easiest guns in my cabinet turned out to be the 100`s for him.

Well I put him on a golf ball size target at 38 yds and he managed to hit it 6/6 times with the 100 kt .177.

Then I put him onto the pigeon simulated target and he managed to hit it most times :thumbs:, not bad for a brand new 13 yr old, no wonder Big Mac ( Jimmy) likes the 100`s so much :rofl:

Anyway I took him to a small wood for pigeon but he watched only as I wouldn`t allow wounded pigeon.

We got a pidge trick, two retrieved one lost until Kaiser found it 150 yds away on the way home.

He`s fallen in love with Kaiser and our sport.

He`s under no illusions either lads, I want very regular 5p groups at 38 yds before he attempts any vermin shooting

IMG_1030.thumb.JPG.96003a6fcb1ee8271cddc880c074a3b3.JPG

IMG_1031.thumb.JPG.b0c9ca5ad56ee03b3c0a6c6e2b986c9a.JPG

IMG_1032.thumb.JPG.909240dedabc45b01c2211ba4a3cff11.JPG

atb  Mark.

• Like 7

Nice one Mark :thumbs:

........ And well done to your nephew :thumbs:

Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with starting them off on a PCP nowadays - the easy accuracy will keep them interested :yes:

......... Besides, we all turn puritan and reach for a Springer eventually. 

Let him have a crack mate - he'll soon get a real flavour when he has to run in and neck his first cock up :yes: :thumbs:

....... It happens to us all at some point.

Atb to you both :thumbs:

• Like 1

No Jonjon, I hate seeing a wounded rat never mind anything else.

Any young lad coming with me has to shoot well first or go elsewhere.

It`s a " Duty of care" to the youngster and also our countryside and wildlife but I do hear what your saying mate.

I was taught by a game keeper Jon - it rubbed off a little :D

atb  Mark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Right Mark no p*ss taking hear mate

good on you in every aspect

Ethan was shooting at Steve smiths shooting ground for all most a year before me and vis let him come shooting on our perms ,

8yrs old when he started and we made him put pellet on pellet so it was second nature for him before we did .

Let him have a go with the springer out in the garden at some targets that little nudge in the shoulder will set him off

honest and your sticks will help him as well.

and as for the hw100 a blind man can shoot one why do you think i use one lol

now you just have to find a name for him and put him on here with the rest of us nutters

top class mark .

and dont teach him the ways of FROZEN

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

That was a problem Jimmy, he`s not the biggest 13 yr old in town and my spring rifles butts were above his shoulder to get his eye anywhere near the scope.

I stopped that scenario straight away :nono:.

He`s a left hander as well, so the stock on the KT was as close as I could get for length as well as left or right handed, ( still too long).

He had fun though and at this stage that`s all that matters, - like a gun dog puppy I suppose ?

How`s Bella coming along Jimmy (Dog`s name ? )

Frozen you say,- yep I`ll teach him the same as I was, freeze everything you don`t eat for another day, waste nothing.:rtfm:

I`m off to my brother-in-laws 50th this afternoon and his Dad, Joe is 81 yrs old, a real old timer

I`ve got two large, prepared rabbits for him, that he doesn`t know about ( frozen), that he`ll love, he`s had many a rabbit off me.

He`s always saying " I take my hat off to a good hunting man and his dog" :hi:

atb

" The Iceman"

• Like 2

Mark is there out he needs

apart from a rifle im out of them at the moment lol

camo gear boots and the likes

ill be car booting soon so ill keep a look out plus Ethan may have some gear that he has grown out of

ill have a look mate and see whats hear for him .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Mark ill sort him a hunting knife out mate iv got a few

but please keep it at yours when he is done at the end of the day

its a start .

if you want ill have the hw57 hear next week your welcome for him to borrow it for a few weeks

it will be the right size for him and its nice and light

Si says he will have it sorted and tuned by next week end

he is taking it to the shooting show where im picking it back up off him .

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: