Springer x Stafford

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And ps. Your 100% correct. I do think it's the best dog in the country. Simply because I own it. Its my dog. So if I like writing about it and showing pictures it's because I'm proud to own such a lit

No doubt that's aimed at me and my poor little dog Brian. I'm gonna tell you where I'm at in life..... . I've a Mrs who's going through numerous operations. Plus a 9 month old granddaughter with a hol

Personally can’t see what advantage a bull breed dog could add to a busher. Bit daft if you ask me. 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, C.green said:

Ive seen some good bull cross small terriers or pure bulls work would love to see a springer x bull or similar.

They will work but they a world apart from a purpose bred busher. You are gaining absolutely nothing by adding bull. Your losin qualities if anything.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Boristheblade said:

They will work but they a world apart from a purpose bred busher. You are gaining absolutely nothing by adding bull. Your losin qualities if anything.

They might be good at pushing pigs out of blackberry,but they'd probably grab them.For other game I can't see the benefit of bull blood myself.

I suppose the proof is in the pudding ...so to speak they seem to do some lads .  Bulls of most discription have plenty of drive. I suppose the same can be said for adding bull to anything but is been done on numerous occasions including gundogs

Guest Navek
On 12/05/2018 at 08:17, Boristheblade said:

Horses for corses .. same could be said about adding beagle to a cocker ......if your only interested in rabbit 

or same can be said about adding  beagle  to a spaniel  ..as plenty  spaniel will flush rabbit pheasant and fox so why add beagle ?? 

You run beagle spaniel terrier crosses because they suit you ....when realistically a full beagle could do the same as what you probably  ask your beagle terrier cocker to do ..

43 minutes ago, Navek said:

Horses for corses .. same could be said about adding beagle to a cocker ......if your only interested in rabbit 

or same can be said about adding  beagle  to a spaniel  ..as plenty  spaniel will flush rabbit pheasant and fox so why add beagle ?? 

You run beagle spaniel terrier crosses because they suit you ....when realistically a full beagle could do the same as what you probably  ask your beagle terrier cocker to do ..

You’ve obviously not done much bushing before as your talkin pish. 

what can adding bull to a busher gain? Every other cross you mentioned adds something.

And no your wrong Iv run with beagles before and they are no where near as biddable as a cross of beagle cocker terrier. Think your just stabbing in the dark and guessing from a blind perspective.