im thinking

of getting a hob again ,,ive missed the bunny bashing a lot..loved my days out with the kelpie x and the nets and ferret..the rabbits are making a comeback and im winding down with work after october,im getting a bit of hunting done next season..i was flat out at work for the last year and a bit ,and i had no season at all ..i now need to procure a ferret hutch..i have still my nets,locators  and spade etc..im thinking hard  and want to make the right decision..my daughter will rear it up for me anytime im not there,feeding etc,so it will probably end up in the house as a pet too lol.....DECISIONS DECISIONS ,DECISIONS

I got rid of my ferrets in october time because i only went out once a month.typical that i got some good rabbit ground in february.i'm going down to a 4 day week in the winter so i can get out more.i'll get a couple of jills just for bolting to the dogs.

• Like 1

go for it , its been a tough couple of years hitting single figures for a days ferreting and feeding them the last couple of years but im seeing more rabbits about than i have for ages it looks like the tides turned for the rabbit 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, vin said:

I've been flat out and still can't do enough.

I'll have some decent kits later in the summer if you want any...You'd be welcome.

would there be any albinos mate 

4 hours ago, vin said:

I've been flat out and still can't do enough.

I'll have some decent kits later in the summer if you want any...You'd be welcome.

id like a hob ...but.....im in Ireland ...always a hurdle lol..thanks vin for the offer..

7 hours ago, The one said:

go for it , its been a tough couple of years hitting single figures for a days ferreting and feeding them the last couple of years but im seeing more rabbits about than i have for ages it looks like the tides turned for the rabbit 

im on the edge lol...id be happy with a  few rabbits and some hours alone pricking about ,im way more relaxed these days in my approach to hunting..i still expect results but will accept what comes ,,before i was fairly driven,,,fun is on the agenda these days 

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

im on the edge lol...id be happy with a  few rabbits and some hours alone pricking about ,im way more relaxed these days in my approach to hunting..i still expect results but will accept what comes ,,before i was fairly driven,,,fun is on the agenda these days 

i know the feeling mate.just back into it after 15 years.it used to be end of world when i missed a rabbit.now its more about the being out still  important to catch a few but numbers don't matter 

• Like 1
Guest vin
17 hours ago, fred90 said:

would there be any albinos mate 

Hello mate.

I doubt there will be any albinos. I've used dark polecat types.  But you never know.

Guest vin
12 hours ago, jigsaw said:

A couple of Hobs and fun is guaranteed.

1 minute ago, vin said:

Hello mate.

I doubt there will be any albinos. I've used dark polecat types.  But you never know.

ok i know colour doesn't mean owt but i am a bit old fashioned i like a nice pink eyed white

Guest vin
1 minute ago, fred90 said:

ok i know colour doesn't mean owt but i am a bit old fashioned i like a nice pink eyed white

each to there own matey...lol.  I've had plenty of albinos and if it works i don't care what colour it is.

13 hours ago, jigsaw said:

There is a young fella I gave a lurcher and my ferrets and large two level hutch too. 8foot long and 3 foot wide.He would give me a working ferret or young kit for you if you want one. Free of charge too I would hope after I gifted him a couple of hundreds worth of gear. I wouldn't keep them stinkers in the house though. If he doesn't have any spare he will know where to get them. Get yourself sorted and make a decent hutch made from water proof plywood and 3 x 2 and then give me a buzz. Don't buy them weak hutchs  in pet shop ( they are dirt)