Our Wildest Dream....

Channel 4 Our Wildest Dream a couple from Swindon have given up life in the rat race,rented a 100 acre plot of game-rich land in Zambia for £200 a month and are living their dream of building a game lodge for tourists,looks good,they just stumbled across an angry looking male lion ?

• Like 2

They have already been ripped off with substandard breeze blocks,they have an £85k budget to pull everything together and open the lodge in 4 months,interesting project but neither of them seem fully prepared,she is pregnant with their first child.

4 minutes ago, mackem said:

They have already been ripped off with substandard breeze blocks,they have an £85k budget to pull everything together and open the lodge in 4 months,interesting project but neither of them seem fully prepared,she is pregnant with their first child.

This dude has to be completely off his f***ing canister to take his pregnant wife out in the Bush amongst those savage c**ts.

• Like 7

Doubt it mate,try and build anything in a 3'rd world country and you run into difficulty after difficulty,things don't work the same in those places,the postscript at the end told she is now pregnant with their second child and they have thus far hosted either 200 or 300? guests at the lodge.

Good television?I had a coffee two days ago with a friend of mine who is in talks with nat-geo about filming a banged up abroad episode,he was in a Filipino nick for two and a half years fighting extradition to the states,the Filipinos sent him back to UK here he had his extradition thrown out of the brit high courts maybe 6 weeks back?He is just waiting for his wife and kids to get here so his BUA episode has a happy ending when its filmed.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, steve66 said:

Just read about a film maker who was killed by a being head butted by a giraffe , shows how dangerous the bush is , not the best place for a novice couple 

Award-winning filmmaker killed after being ‘headbutted’ by giraffe during filming in South Africa

A filmmaker was killed after being “headbutted” by a giraffe while filming at a South African game farm.

Cinematographer Carlos Carvalho was shooting scenes at Glen Afric County Lodge near Johannesburg – where ITV drama Wild at Heart is filmed – when he was attacked earlier this week.

The 47-year-old was reportedly thrown into the air and left with devastating head injuries.

He was flown to a nearby hospital after the incident on Wednesday but died that evening.

The award-winning filmmaker’s agent Sandi-Lee Slabbert told the Daily Mail that Mr Carvalho had been “headbutted” by the giraffe.

Jan Bowden, CEO of film crew agency CallaCrew, posted on Facebook: “It is with a very sad heart that we have to announce the passing of Carlos Carvalho, one of our favourite DOP’s.

“Carlos was filming a feature at Glen Afric and had a fatal run in with a giraffe on set. He was flown to Milpark Hospital but succumbed to his injuries.

“Our thoughts and condolences go out to Carlo’s family and friends during this very sad time. He will be sorely missed.”

Colleagues have taken to social media to pay tribute, describing him as a “wonderful human being” who was a ‘privilege” to work with.

Cinematographer Toby Tangawizi Harris wrote: “I am absolutely stunned and so saddened to hear this news.

“Pepe was a wonderful human being who I had the privilege of working with on many film sets.

“His talent and humbleness made him stand out and I'll always appreciate the support and fun moments we shared. You will be missed massively Carlos.”

Gaffer Clint Stone added: “My head's still reeling at the news ...can't believe this happened!

“One of the nicest guys I have ever had the privilege of working with and the honour of calling a friend.

“You will be so sorely missed, the industry will be so much poorer for your absence.”

Advertisem

Among Mr Carvalho’s awards was an African Movie Academy Cinematography Award for the film The Forgotten Kingdom in 2014. 

• Like 1