Sharing permissions ?

I've been shooting with Mark for around 4yrs now and, over the last 12ish months, we've become good mates with Dave.

Dave's been up to the rugby club and the big manor house permissions a few times so, last night he returned the favour - he asked us up to his new golf club permission just outside Swindon :thumbs:

Dave had his nephew along as he wanted to see what it was all about - I think he enjoyed it and, fingers crossed, a new hunter may have been born.

Although it's only 9 holes, it's a big place with lots of uneven ground and wide open spaces - stalking about in the dark on that unfamiliar ground was a workout.

........ Trying to watch a rabbit on the screen while holding up the HW100 and shooting stick, while walking quietly and feeling for bunkers, twigs, roots, dips, rises and paths with your leading foot was fun :laugh:

Dave moved off to the 2nd tee with his nephew to sit and watch the treeline.

Mark and me hung around the first tee for a while.

I stood under a tree watching a bank and, within about 10mins, one came into view.

The HW100 is zeroed at 38yrds, the bank was around 35yrds - Happy days.

As soon as I heard my pellet crack that rabbit and it rolled over, I heard Marks hit no more than 50yrds away.

That was 2 nice tender half growns in the bag :good:

Dave gave us a tip that the 5th hole had some good activity - it was about 1/4 mile away, over a bridge that went over the stream.

...... We took a slow walk down, scanning and looking at other areas on the way. There were a few rabbits out in the open but, we couldn't get within range.

the 5th hole was like climbing Everest - it must have been a good 50ft high and steep sided - it didn't help that we walked straight up the back :rolleyes:

the top plateaued out nice and flat with the fairway sloping away in front of us.

....... It was surrounded by banks and trees and, there was a fair few about.

We decided to have a good look round to see what's what before shooting - the whole area seemed riddled with warrens on both sides.

Mark went off down the fairway and, I went back the way we'd come.

looking down hill, there's a good view of the treeline coming up the side.

i missed a nice easy one at less than 40yrds - it was a steep downward shot and, I underestimated it 

Mark hit one further down that managed to flip and wriggle down a gulley full of brambles.

My last one of the night was on the opposite side of the fairway - sat in opening, in front of loads of rabbit holes.

........ This one was quite a long walk in, stopping everytime it lifted it's head.

By the time I was in range, the ground was in the way everytime it started to eat.

I lined up for where it's head would be and, dragged my foot along the grass. As soon as it's head popped up, I shot it.

It did a proper back flip and landed without a twitch. When I got over there, the pellet had passed right through its head and made a proper mess.

By now, it was getting on for midnight and, Dave and his nephew had left about an hour ago so, we headed back to the car to gut and bag the rabbits.

....... It's always funny trying to find your way back on unfamiliar ground in the dark.

All I could hear from Mark was 'Where's that feckin clubhouse' :laugh:

That was a good night - I reckon I could beat my best, rather modest, bag up there.

Thanks for the invite Dave, much appreciated mate :good:

IMG_20180503_200936.jpg

IMG_20180503_201021.jpg

IMG_20180503_201141.jpg

• Like 4

Sounds like a great night jon?

And it looks just as good... good on your mate for returning the perm gesture, some people are funny about it. 

I’m gonna send you a road map down so you can find Yorkshire ?

atb si 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, just-A-snap said:

I can see a TV serial coming out of this, well done to you all.  Good post and images

All the very best for you and yours Jonjon

You know what Reno's, that's actually not a bad idea mate :yes:

....... Showing normal blokes that put in hours of practice on their accuracy, then hunt healthy meat to cook and eat - it may even educate a few of the packaged meat buyers that think we're cruel.

We can only hope eh :thumbs:

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, si brown said:

Sounds like a great night jon?

And it looks just as good... good on your mate for returning the perm gesture, some people are funny about it. 

I’m gonna send you a road map down so you can find Yorkshire ?

atb si 

Yorkshire :hmm:

....... Never heard of it. Is it near Watford? :laugh: :thumbs:

I've got this satnav thing in the new car but, I'm fecked if I know how to use it - I pushed a few buttons yesterday, now it won't stop talking ?

Daves a good 'un mate - it's nice to have that trust, it gives more sport and variety.

...... That really is a cracking permission.

IMG_20180504_151024.jpg

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Rez said:

Golden permission that Jon. Golf course perms... what Id give to get one like that.

Tell me about it mate - I got knocked back by every one within a 20 mile radius last year, including this one :yes:

Dave managed to get it because he plays there ;)

2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Yorkshire :hmm:

....... Never heard of it. Is it near Watford? :laugh: :thumbs:

I've got this satnav thing in the new car but, I'm fecked if I know how to use it - I pushed a few buttons yesterday, now it won't stop talking ?

Daves a good 'un mate - it's nice to have that trust, it gives more sport and variety.

...... That really is a cracking permission.

IMG_20180504_151024.jpg

Put the car in reverse jon... your in a field?

• Haha 1

Nice to see other sharing permissions , good stuff 

I just gained another golf course and sporting ground about a mile from my house . 

Tried many time to shoot on this permission , paid of in the end 

• Like 1