Where's ya tool? ?

I've not had much chance to get out so far this year but, last night, while I was getting my kit ready, I was thinking that a good useful knife is invaluable :yes:

I thought it would be interesting to see everyone carries in their kit .........

I never have to do any bushcraft type stuff with mine (I'm too much of a fidget arse to sit in a hide for too long). I really only need one for unzipping a rabbit or squirrel or, breasting a pigeon.

about 4yrs ago, I picked up a little black keyring lock knife - it was £3, in a tub on a counter in some shop.

it's got a little 1.5", razor sharp blade. It's easy to sharpen on an oil stone and, it's never let me down :thumbs:

A couple of years ago, the missus bought me a nice little Damascus knife, with some sort of posh wood handle for my birthday.

The blade on this is just shy of 3". The handle is small but, sits perfectly in the first 3 fingers.

It's sharp and, feels easy to control.

The leather sheath is thick and secure.

last year, our very own Davy Thomas, made me a knife from O1 tool steel.

The blade is 4 3/4" and, the scales are made from my favourite blue, black and grey laminate with brass pins.

He even made the Kydex sheath himself - the knife clicks into it for a really secure fit :good:

........ And, the edge on the blade is like a feckin scalpel :yes:

Yet, the funny thing is, it's always the little 3 quid jobby that comes out hunting :rolleyes:

There's definitely a pride of ownership thing with the other 2 and, they're more than capable of doing what I need but, I'll be no where near as gutted if I lose the little one.

IMG_20180504_082546.jpg

IMG_20180504_082501.jpg

2 minutes ago, ollieollie said:

Mine knife set up is quite simple, I have a mora for general duties and a gerbet filleting for prep/skinning, although I also carry a hooked Stanley blade which is useful when skinning

I know a couple of lads that like Stanley's :yes:

....... Cheap and easy to switch blades when needed - it makes sense.

1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Just my finger Jon

ask si lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

1 hour ago, si brown said:

Your just a savage b@stard :) 

I'll stick with me 3” £10 lock knife and axe?

I've heard this mentioned before - the mind boggles :hmm: :laugh:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, mark williams said:

A small fish filleting knife,- wickedly sharp. great for skinning.

I thought you would of had one of these Mark

an ice pick

532279978.jpg

• Haha 1

I`m always on your mind aren`t I   :bye: :laugh: :boogy:

:fool:  " Peck, peck, peck" 

" Pick, pick, pick" :rofl:

" The Iceman"  

• Haha 1