I've tried cage traps,every bait,where large rabbit numbers are with little success.Even where there's little feed they refused to enter traps.I thought it would be like cage trapping rats.Rabbits are no Einsteins but they are great at sensing danger.My opinion is save your money and look at other options for rabbits.

Okay so after looking around it seems Albi or rustler are the two doing what I require, has anyone any experience of both side by side quality wise?

Albi I dealt with back in the 90's and supply to all the big players, very little difference in price.

• 2 weeks later...

Use cheap carrots, the real cheap economy type. They are grown with loads of NPK and contain lots of sugars, they smell nice to rabbits. Cut them into long thick battons and not discs. They keep fresher and won't dry out so quick. Had 10 traps in a meadow and was getting 5 or six rabbits a day by baiting them like this.

• Thanks 1

I've tried all of that and more, apples to, trapping rabbits just not bringing great results for me, such is life.

I'll keep trying when required.

I did pick up one of these a while back though!

686.png.0bb4468c9d0d99cec8453c75bd6e24e7.png

I've had great results using them, a few yr back I cleared a farm up, we had eighty traps out, was getting anything from 30-65 a day !

we trialled lots of bait and placements, I found 20 yards from the hedge/ditch seemed favourite, and cabbage was by far the best bait., 

• Thanks 1