how times have changed

Tbh the working terrier is in the best position it has ever been.. books never influenced any proper dog men I know.. but getting out and working dogs and putting answers to questions whatever the verdict and discretion is what its all its ever been about..they may have paid money at the start.. thats the way it is but now a days the way its going the men I know would rather scrap it than sell it.

• Like 2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to get out more DD, times have changed I'll grant you that but there's still good lads coming through and IMO there's plenty of exceptional terriers in the country in far greater numbers than

Can we reinstate the seperate forum for bushers and Morton . Without the internet I wouldn't have travelled no where near as much as I have through lads on here and other forums .Wouldn't have pl

A son of nuttalls miner

Posted Images

there lies your problem when you think you know it all like you and there's a few that do that don't want to listen or learn from books  or gleam any info they can from  lads that have been there and done it even on the web  that you fail i can say your only as good as your last dig and what you have represents you but from been said you came up short morton 

On 10/05/2018 at 18:39, foxdropper said:

Just out of interest ,what is a lining ,pup worth these days .Only ever bought one dog in my life ,a dog pup from Wheeler ,cost 25 quid 35ish  years ago .

have you never thought about owning another?

Can we reinstate the seperate forum for bushers and Morton .

Without the internet I wouldn't have travelled no where near as much as I have through lads on here and other forums .Wouldn't have placed as many pups ,wouldn't have seen those pups grow into workers .Met some less than desirables mind but the good side far outweighed the bad points .Getting stuck in a bubble thinking your own terriers are world beaters is what does your  breeding no good .Different lads different standards, different ground ,a change of soil is what all makes for terriers to be proud of .As said the internet has outed many a messer blowing smoke up his own arse and but has  also allowed a voice for those lads who keep themselves to themselves to learn a bit more and impart their own knowledge. Terriers of yesteryear were expected to stay a lot longer than today's tykes purely because it took a lot longer to find them ,no other reason .Romantisicing rarely stacks up to anything more than just that. Laws weren' in place but when has that   ever stopped a dedicated lad from doing anything .

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I grew up hunting through the 70s,80s,90s,im still hunting but my way,the lads I dug with,kept good terriers and running dogs,and bred from the workers,gifted pups to those close so the blood lines were there if needed,as young lads we all had someone to look to if we needed help as such,I don’t dig any more,but I don’t condone those that do,good luck I say,I’m afraid my patience has gone,I can’t sit and listen to bullshitters,and we’ve always had one somewhere,I’m not impressed by someone showing up with a dog smashed up,I’m not looking at the past through rose tinted glasses,I am honoured and proud of the village elders that helped me on my way through my life of hunting,good luck to all out there,and as for books,well I’m sure we all like to read about it,as for some of the authors,good stories,and that’s all,be happy,be lucky,keep the faith,DD,

• Like 3