1 hour ago, shaneg said:

Kevin and pat used to organize is but they couldn’t take on the commitment this year so the committee of the iwtf are organizing it 

Is that the show thsts booked for the 15th July with no details given yet Shane? I notice there's another show on the same day in Cork.

The Westmeath working dog show has been cancelled due to work commitments but myself and Kevin will be holding to show again next year for sure... As Shaneg has said the iwtf may be holding there own show this year... We wish them all the best if they decide to run there own show...

• Like 7

It's been one the best shows going the last few year proper working dog show how it should be paddy 31 fair play to yourself and Kevin and hopefully it's back up and running for next year.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, chesney said:

It's been one the best shows going the last few year proper working dog show how it should be paddy 31 fair play to yourself and Kevin and hopefully it's back up and running for next year.

Thanks Cheney, the show will definitely be back next year the same weekend in July as always ?

• Like 2

The west meath working terrier show was a working dogs man day out and always has been since the first days in a small stone walled field.. Kevin and Pat put the Working back into shows regarding terrier men showing up. They have been more than instrumental in their work to not only protecting but promoting terrier work.. if the iwtf do put on a show it will only to fill a void to hopefully the boys get back on track. ?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, paddy31 said:

The Westmeath working dog show has been cancelled due to work commitments but myself and Kevin will be holding to show again next year for sure... As Shaneg has said the iwtf may be holding there own show this year... We wish them all the best if they decide to run there own show...

Was at it the first time 2 summers past, glad I went down. Im not into shows but there’s very few shows you’ll see with up to 30 or more dogs in categories and all working dogs. That’s the way every show was all over the country when I was growing up, full off working dogs and working dog men.

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 1