FEO Interview booked

Morning all, so, sent off all my FAC paperwork just after xmas, just got off the phone with my FEO, my interview is booked for next Thursday, excited is an understatement. Between now and then I have to actually fit my Brattonsound (Horizontally in the loft, as the roof joists get in the way vertically) and prep for the questions they will ask.

I have put in for .20 & .22 FAC Air (Moderated), .22lr & .177HMR (moderated), a 7mm (moderated) and shotguns (didn't specify which on the form, so assume it's an open ticket?), does anyone have any top tips to make it all go a bit smoother?

Thanks all

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interview done with a thoroughly nice FEO, was happy with everything except the 7mm which is pretty much talked myself out of anyway. Should be good for .22LR, .17HMR, .20 & .22 FAC air, but we wi

Sorry, no doubt taking this off topic, I accept the DSC serves a purpose, but it isn't/shouldn't be the norm/required, which is where it seems to be going. Put it like this, who would you rather

Because you occasionally stalk deer with someone , that is good reason to own a 7mm and you don't need to have done the bullshit DSC1 course have a deer calibre either. Don't let them bully you into n

You don''t have to specify Section 2 shotguns. Once you have your SGC you can fill your boots. 

Did you speak to someone about the 7mm before you put your application in? It's a hell of a calibre for your first ticket. What do you intend to use it for? Most forces won't accept it for fox as they consider it a deer calibre and you would need to prove you have permission with deer present.

Did you also speak to someone about where to put the cabinet? Again, a lot of forces don't like cabinets in the loft.

Not being a naysayer, just drawing your attention to what he may ask you.

Hope it all goes well for you. :thumbs:

Yeah, put 7mm down as I occasionally stalk deer in Scotland with the wife's uncle, I fully expect that to be removed as I don't have any real justification and I haven't done the courses to stalk, not sure why I put it down to be honest lol. I spoke to my local gun shop about location of cabinet and according to them, Hampshire FEO's love lofts, even if burgled there's a slim chance of that being looked in, plus, difficult for kids and other family members to get to.

Thanks for that Walshie, that's exactly the sort of advice I am after :thumbs:

Edited by andykllhr
  • Like 1

Quick one, where's the best place to keep your cabinet keys, I was going to keep them in my external locked garage (cabinet in the loft, in the house), is this the sort of answer that the FEO is looking for? Or is it best just to keep them on your person at all times?  

51 minutes ago, andykllhr said:

Quick one, where's the best place to keep your cabinet keys, I was going to keep them in my external locked garage (cabinet in the loft, in the house), is this the sort of answer that the FEO is looking for? Or is it best just to keep them on your person at all times?  

When my FEO asked where I kept my keys I just said "That's for me to know." He said "Good answer."

In practice just keep them somewhere no-one is likely to stumble on them. 

On 01/05/2018 at 11:35, andykllhr said:

Yeah, put 7mm down as I occasionally stalk deer in Scotland with the wife's uncle, I fully expect that to be removed as I don't have any real justification and I haven't done the courses to stalk, not sure why I put it down to be honest lol. I spoke to my local gun shop about location of cabinet and according to them, Hampshire FEO's love lofts, even if burgled there's a slim chance of that being looked in, plus, difficult for kids and other family members to get to.

Thanks for that Walshie, that's exactly the sort of advice I am after :thumbs:

Because you occasionally stalk deer with someone , that is good reason to own a 7mm and you don't need to have done the bullshit DSC1 course have a deer calibre either. Don't let them bully you into not having anything you have good reason to own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2