Most underrated British fighter

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogfox  

remember listening to it on radio think uk only sent 1 reporter.think honeyghan had 5 or 10 grand on himself at 6-1 still the greatest victory by a British boxer on foreign soil 

Colin jones big puncher tough as teak. Very unlucky in his world title attempts.

Lloyd Honeyghan was never under rated he was reigning British , Commonweath and European Welterweight champion before he went over to USA and ripped the title from Curry who was also the worlds no 1 1lb for 1lb fighter. Terry Marsh is an under rated fighter though, British , European and World Champion and also undefeated but had to retire due to health problems.Marsh is more famous for his fall out with Warren than he is for his boxing career.

Edited by MickC
49 minutes ago, MickC said:

Lloyd Honeyghan was never under under rated he was reigning British , Commonweath and European Welterweight champion before he went over to USA and ripped the title from Curry who was also the worlds no 1 1lb for 1lb fighter. Terry Marsh is an under rated fighter though, British , European and World Champion and also undefeated but had to retire due to health problems.Marsh is more famous for his fall out with Warren than he is for his boxing career.

I disagree the yanks underrated him for sure like I said just listen to the commentary and how they change their tune 

Sadly in boxing everyone apart from the heavy weights seem to fall from memory quite quickly, a lot of younger fight fans won't remember joe calzagie who had an incredible record yet they could all tell you who frank Bruno was just because he was a heavyweight,younger fight fans also seem to be a lot more interested in ufc than boxing these days,  my son will sit up all night to watch ufc but has little interest in boxing, though he would probably sit up for an AJ  wilder fight, so really the bigger they are the longer they seem to be remembered, 

My brothers middle name is Lloyd as he was born on the night of his victory, my Dad watched the fight and thought it was apt.

Honeyghan was a good fighter but was totally outclassed by Starling and Breland. Rumours are Curry killed himself to make weight and that looks evident in the bout. Still a win is a win and an excuse is just that.

Edited by Kerny92
5 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

My brothers middle name is Lloyd as he was born on the night of his victory, my Dad watched the fight and thought it was apt.

Honeyghan was a good fighter but was totally outclassed by Starling and Breland. Rumours are Curry killed himself to make weight and that looks evident in the bout. Still a win is a win and an excuse is just that.

they came up with weight issue but curry moved up to light middle & got beat by mcallum they can't except he was well beaten 

7 minutes ago, fred90 said:

they came up with weight issue but curry moved up to light middle & got beat by mcallum they can't except he was well beaten 

Yes but once the damage has been done it's done. Honeyghan beat him fair and square so deserves all the praise in the world.