8 hours ago, saucydotters said:

"Why did they not ask him originally instead of me for a service, me a nobody just do my own thing and I enjoy it."

What's that I see ... Is it puffs of smoke ,are ye the new pope ,all hail pope mackers the 1st :D ,

btw the big lad is now lurking on here so watch your eye ;D lol 

The big lad ? U haven’t a notion who I’m talking about so stop guessing. The majority wouldn’t give out a service to begin with as they don’t want anyone else to have anything, that’s more than likely the reason.

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 3

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again some interesting points raised. The scatterbred scenario I agree, line breeding is the way to go, yet as stated above it has to start somewhere. The man didn’t ask for any particular dog, but th

There is a man who commented on this post who has some great blood in his yard any man would be proud of... he gifts pups out.. I have a bitch here he gifted me six years ago..1 of the best workers iv

The guy is looking pups for himself out of his bitch over a decent dog. As long as the pups aren’t sold on and are worked it wouldn’t annoy me in the slightest. Can see some good points from the comme

Posted Images

Another thing that’s been said on this thread that I think is bollox is men gifting pups and then telling the men what they can and can’t do with said dog, so all your really doing is rearing, entering, working another mans dog, bolloxs to that MY dogs are MY dogs and I’ll do what I like with them.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, THE GENERAL said:

The big lad ? U haven’t a notion who I’m talking about so stop guessing. The majority wouldn’t give out a service to begin with as they don’t want anyone else to have anything, that’s more than likely the reason.

Oh. Ok then pope mackers 

Scaredy baa ?

2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Another thing that’s been said on this thread that I think is bollox is men gifting pups and then telling the men what they can and can’t do with said dog, so all your really doing is rearing, entering, working another mans dog, bolloxs to that MY dogs are MY dogs and I’ll do what I like with them.

I think if your gifted a dog, you go back to that man out of respect. Pay for the dog and you can do what ya like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

The thing with being gifted the type of blood some speak of has a few advatages...1. Is the bond between the 2 men the man gifting and the man receiving..money can NOT buy the blood from the man he morally detests money and dogs.. 2.  knowledgeable men who gave you the blood for free so have no reason to lie wat so ever about lineage or ability..3. The reason why you will be gifted the pup you will think like the man gifting as regarding working or matings..and a lifelong friendship with a like minded individuals who love to do exactly as you do and have the tools to do it....?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
27 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

I think if your gifted a dog, you go back to that man out of respect. Pay for the dog and you can do what ya like.

I’ve been gifted plenty Eddie and turned down plenty and if the dog didn’t suit for what ever reason who ever I got it off would be offered it back and if there was a breeding to be done he’d be the first man I’d go to, But if I was offered a pup and then told what I can and can’t do with it the offer would be declined. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, stop.end said:

The thing with being gifted the type of blood some speak of has a few advatages...1. Is the bond between the 2 men the man gifting and the man receiving..money can NOT buy the blood from the man he morally detests money and dogs.. 2.  knowledgeable men who gave you the blood for free so have no reason to lie wat so ever about lineage or ability..3. The reason why you will be gifted the pup you will think like the man gifting as regarding working or matings..and a lifelong friendship with a like minded individuals who love to do exactly as you do and have the tools to do it....?

That just sounds like a load of brown nosing to me. Some fella gifted you a pup and now your looking to give him a reach around. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
18 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

That just sounds like a load of brown nosing to me. Some fella gifted you a pup and now your looking to give him a reach around. 

Lol..maybe you give a bad reach around thats why youve been giving shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The reason why some some won't go back to the breeder is the very reason those lads arnt gifted many terriers .It's not rocket  science to know that the person with the most knowledge of the type is the lad who' bred and worked the line .Annoys when some disegard the breeder in favour of doing it their way then rubbish the type for their f**k up .If you want decent stock from a decent lad ,do the decent thing and ask his opinion on whats best for the future ,otherwise stick with your scatterbreds and muddle on .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I agree totally Foxdropper. Some lads are just naturally honest and decent and know that in life (not just terriers) that if someone helps you out or looks after you in some way, that naturally, you respect that person and would act the same back towards them. And then some people are just natural shitbags and dishonest and would take from anyone and then happily shit on them and that's just the way it is unfortunately.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, stop.end said:

Lol..maybe you give a bad reach around thats why youve been giving shite.

I’ve never had the need to hand out reach arounds. some lads would blow smoke up a mans ass to get what they want, funny thing is their usually the type to stab a man in the back. What ever kindness I’ve been shown I’ve earned it. BUT I’ll still not accept a pup with restrictions on it.

47 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I’ve never had the need to hand out reach arounds. some lads would blow smoke up a mans ass to get what they want, funny thing is their usually the type to stab a man in the back. What ever kindness I’ve been shown I’ve earned it. BUT I’ll still not accept a pup with restrictions on it.

Lol.. as has been stated here already..the pup comes to my home the pup is MINE... only restriction as you call it is ...here is a gift do as you will.. do you think I met the man in a hotel for a brown nose then was gifted a pup.. ffs you can spot the 5year veterans like a nice pad along a hedge..im done replying to you.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, stop.end said:

Lol.. as has been stated here already..the pup comes to my home the pup is MINE... only restriction as you call it is ...here is a gift do as you will.. do you think I met the man in a hotel for a brown nose then was gifted a pup.. ffs you can spot the 5year veterans like a nice pad along a hedge..im done replying to you.

???? 

Edited by dogmandont

It's getting to a stage when it comes ta given out a service or gifting pups the solicitors want ta be brought in and contracts drawn. The AC  Nuttall  and Gould stuff and whatever been the brand names jaysus I can just see lads going all the way to the European hight courts cause they feel entitled to geting the full pedigree history of there brand name pup lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6