From Fierce To Friendly

Not anymore!
Two weeks ago Jonesy had a savage ferret that he left with me for a couple of weeks , this ferret was as  fierce  as I have ever seen ,  I would put my hand in the cage and he would charge over and lock on, the first time he bit right through a leather glove, drew blood and left me a scar. This is Dozer now.
  • Like 7

I had a jill from a mate like that last year and although I got her to the stage where I could handle her most days she would still take pieces out of my hand every few weeks.

I kept her for 8-9 months but she never became fully tame and it was bloody painful too so in the end she was PTS. I take my hat off to you if yours was anything like her.

1 hour ago, tsteve9999 said:

I had a jill from a mate like that last year and although I got her to the stage where I could handle her most days she would still take pieces out of my hand every few weeks.

I kept her for 8-9 months but she never became fully tame and it was bloody painful too so in the end she was PTS. I take my hat off to you if yours was anything like her.

I have a philosophy about ferrets like him, be a firm as you need to be, and as gentle as you can be, once they stop fighting, the rest is easy with his problem.

5 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Still looks a bit edgy to me but good on you for giving him a chance.

He is fine mate, another few days you will never know he ever bit anyone, he likes people you can tell the way he runs over to play, a lot of tame ferrets don't even do that, he is still young too, if you seen him two weeks ago many would of put him down.